Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 - Northern Gate [Azelor]

Wow! Its all very nearly finished - and looking really splendid!

I can't see any gaps, Azelor

And the stone work looks pretty excellent to me

Almost finished.
    Added some objects and a useless crane to get water from the lake below.
    I added some elements around to complete the map but they are roughly done. They might as well stay like that since they do not really exist anyway.
    I might do a lavender field because it looks cool. Although the plants are as big as houses...
    I tried to include some reflection in the water. It looked bad so I just kept the Sun but it look odd alone.
    Lastly, on the western side, there is a wall. And it is not clear but I believe the wall extends into my district.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29 dec.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	102748

That's some impressive mapping ! And the speed is putting us all to shame

Looks very good. Awesome productivity, I'm glad you are getting along with your tablet. I also found that a tablet is much a better option than a mouse for drawing.

A couple of thoughts on that steep descent from the city walls on your west side. The road leading to the gates could wind in an curve (or an S), instead of going straight uphill. That alone would suggest a steep descent/ascent, but you could also shade it a little more. As it is it's rather bright... refer to that image someone made right at the start of the city, with roofs in every direction, to see how much you could/should shade.
    Anyway, that's all InMyHumbleOpinion.

Lavender? Great idea! This is already excellent, Azelor. I love the general composition of this one.
    And please, don't finish your 4th district before I finish my first one !

Lavender bushes as big as houses?

I LOVE lavender. Especially fantasy world lavender, where I might... with your permission.... build myself a tree house inside the very plant itself

Great mapping, Azelor. There seems to be no stopping you now that you have a tablet

This map is really starting to "pop" now, it's going to look great when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Looks very good. Awesome productivity, I'm glad you are getting along with your tablet. I also found that a tablet is much a better option than a mouse for drawing.

A couple of thoughts on that steep descent from the city walls on your west side. The road leading to the gates could wind in an curve (or an S), instead of going straight uphill. That alone would suggest a steep descent/ascent, but you could also shade it a little more. As it is it's rather bright... refer to that image someone made right at the start of the city, with roofs in every direction, to see how much you could/should shade.
    Anyway, that's all InMyHumbleOpinion.
    It is not that steep, it's a 5m slope. In comparison, the cliff near the lake is a 20-25 m drop for a similar distance.

Lavender? Great idea! This is already excellent, Azelor. I love the general composition of this one.
    And please, don't finish your 4th district before I finish my first one !
    Thanks! I had a lavender plant 2 years ago. It died.
    I'm thinking about another district but I won't be starting it till next year.

I LOVE lavender. Especially fantasy world lavender, where I might... with your permission.... build myself a tree house inside the very plant itself
    Go ahead, the plants don't even exist. Actually, I think they are in the bleed of the map.

Pretty much finished. time to put the
    ### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29 dec b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	4.77 MB 
ID:	102772
    Last edited by Azélor; 12-29-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123