Hi,
    Just a early draft to start the thread.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illustration_sans_titre.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	914.7 KB 
ID:	102171

Good to see you've obviously been giving this a lot of thought - limestone with sink holes?

Just the job

I'll add a link to your thread in the index

just a update
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section_48 2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	102172

no big changes but I'd like to have your opinion about the size of the buildings.
    as I don't have "finished maps" neighbors I assumed it's ok with the grid but others opinions is always wise

so here's a draft of the buildings:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section_48.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	554.1 KB 
ID:	102194

This is coming on fast

I can't see how big/small each of the buildings are on this version because there's no grid. By my own reckoning on my own maps I've considered that a typical garden shed would be about 10' x 5', and be two grid squares long, by one grid square wide. That would be the tiniest building, I guess.

Have a close look at some of John's earlier WIPs of his first district where he still has the grid visible in the background. That might help give you some idea of a relative scale

Thanks Sue
    I'll still have the grid on my working version. And the buildings in the insert on the left are those from the references. The scale and grid of the insert are the same on my map.
    I asked because I saw different scales on the full map and some wise eye might help before it's too late

There will be different scales, since we all have different districts, but that's more to do with the type of architecture in each district.

For example in a district full of palaces and rich homes the buildings will be much larger than in a district where a slum area has been mapped. A hovel is tiny in comparison to a mansion

Very interesting idea and good start! Now, I'm curious to see how far this is from my own district (to see where it stands, and in case your inhabitants are trying to kidnap people for their sacrifices )
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 12-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.

It is looking pretty good.
    I don't know why, be every time I look at this district shape/geography, it reminds me of Africa, Malawi more specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Thanks Sue
    I'll still have the grid on my working version. And the buildings in the insert on the left are those from the references. The scale and grid of the insert are the same on my map.
    I asked because I saw different scales on the full map and some wise eye might help before it's too late
    5 or 6 m would be pretty narrow based on my observation from medieval cities. It wouldn't be a building if it was smaller.

I'm curious to see how far this is from my own district (to see where it stands, and in case your inhabitants are trying to kindap people for their sacrifices )
    About 1 km as the crow flies.