Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Krita, as usual now.
    I'm finding myself using more and more the sketch brushes.

It's too blurry or too line "classic", I can't get something in between.

Have you had a go at making your own brushes yet?

Its pretty complicated because there are so many different settings, and they aren't particularly self explanatory, but I found that you get used to what everything does if you pay around long enough with them.

Think first of your ideal brush - shape, texture, how it reacts to pressure and tilt... then set about creating it.

I will go and have a look for all the vids I watched and bring you back a few links that might help

Tools aside, I've found it helpful watching other artists paint, intertwined with a lot of practice studies... there are a bunch on YouTube who paint portraits, characters, faces... just do searches around the theme of 'digital painting face' or similar.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Here's the one vid I found most useful if you also want to make your own brushes.

You might have to watch it a few times, since it covers a whole load of stuff really fast, but it helps a lot because it tells you where the bugs are and how to get around them

Thanks a lot for the help of the experts ! I'll certainly have a look on those tutorials.

Meanwhile, I guess I could go with an in between (still using the lines of my first version).
    Like this...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinehil test.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	102844

That looks good

And I'm no expert. I just really enjoy messing around with the brushes in Krita. Never tried PS, so from my point of view Krita's brush engine is simply the best - bugs and all. The versatility and the amount of control passed to the user is just unparalleled. Makes GIMP look extremely clunky!

Just a small card (damn, those hands are hard to do!). Happy New Year 2018 everyone!

Name:	Carte 2018.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	102904

Aw that's lovely!

Thank you, Ilanthar, and a very Happy New Year to you too

Very nice! Happy new year.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Belated thanks to both of you !

I just wanted to share some of my illustrations done for my Tipeee (from last year, mainly). Those are symbolic animals/plants/objects and possible portraits of 7 gods of my Domhantyr world (7 out of 18 in total).

Name:	DomhDpart1.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	324.0 KB 
ID:	103236

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast