Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    I just love your art nouveau/Liberty/modern style, its pretty unique and original fantasy setting .
    Thanks ! Well, I try to focus on my Eldoran and Elzevir settings a bit more.

I was thinking of doing double pages for the main chapters of my Elzevir Martian Atlas, influenced by the work of artists I like. Maybe too modern though, I don't know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas2CM red.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	5.72 MB 
ID:	135540
    And I did some pages for each country and its dependencies. Here's the one for the French Republic.

Name:	Atlas2RF.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.65 MB 
ID:	135541

So... France conquest Great Britain, interesting! ��
    I think the style proposed is modern, but equally good.

That is so neat. I love your atlas style mapping. One of my favourite.
    You have got good design skills for those kind of maps.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

By Simkin
    So... France conquest Great Britain, interesting! ��
    I think the style proposed is modern, but equally good.
    Well, yes and no. In my uchronic elzevir setting, a strange meteor entered the atmosphere in 1839 and broke in multiple fragments. The biggest fell on Great Britain and destroyed a large part of the Midlands, a lot of smaller fragments fell on the rest of the isles (and some other rocks and a rain of small ones fell on different locations around the world). The damages, added to strange phenomena, made the country not hospitable anymore. The remnant british population fled to France, America, Netherland, Scandinavia and the former colonies around the world (some became independent like India, some were integrated to other countries). The french republic, by proximity (both geographic and historic) had the strongest claim on the lands. But as you can see, the population is still quite low (though the setting is now 194... And thanks !

By Voolf
    That is so neat. I love your atlas style mapping. One of my favourite.
    You have got good design skills for those kind of maps.
    Thanks a lot ! Well, I'm inspired a lot by both old and recent books/atlases I have, which influence heavily on my style I guess. And on my more recent tendency to do infographics.

Somewhat back on my Argona map(s) on my free time... What I'm testing for district maps might be too detailed for a general A0 map. Or maybe I should only reduce it by 5 and do a double A0 map ��.

Name:	Argona D1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	135589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argona A0 test.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	135590

The close view looks really nice. The second image is hard to decipher details.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    The close view looks really nice. The second image is hard to decipher details.
    Thanks ! Yup, I agree. Still, that would be nice to get the whole city as a reduced composition of the districts.
    This is the picture reduced by 5 picture. This one is better and might be OK.

Name:	Argona D1 r5.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	135594

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Somewhat back on my Argona map(s) on my free time...
    Free... time? What is this strange thing you speak of?

In all seriousness though, glad to see you're able to carry on with these. I love how fine and elegant the linework on the close-up view is. It's going to be a beauty - but likely also very time-consuming
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

By Kellerica
    Free... time? What is this strange thing you speak of?

In all seriousness though, glad to see you're able to carry on with these. I love how fine and elegant the linework on the close-up view is. It's going to be a beauty - but likely also very time-consuming
    Yeah, my mind demands it. And between two commissions, I decide to relax by mapping... how strange, right ?

And yup, it's gonna be another very long map to do... I hope I'll finish one of my huge personal project one day!
    Aaaand probably an unnecessary detailed ground, but quite satisfying to draw, so...

Name:	D1 t.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	135616

Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast