Thread: Fictional Island to add to the Balearic Islands

Guild Novice

Map Fictional Island to add to the Balearic Islands - TAKEN

Edited to add: This is taken. I couldn't figure out how to change it to "taken" And I'll add my own mapping efforts.

I'm somewhat ignorant, so I'm sure I'm going to make some big/small mistakes, but please forgive me, I'll try to be concise:

Overview: I'm writing a seven-novel series set on one of the Balearic Islands south of Barcelona. The island I'm writing about does not exist. If it did, it would be between Ibiza and Mallorca. It's a bit smaller than Mallorca. It's my lifelong dream to publish a novel. I am published with non-fiction titles, but have never had the guts to submit a novel. I've mapped out and written two and a half books in this series, and may someday have the courage to try to get it published. If I did submit it, and get it published, I would hope that whomever made the map for me would get paid for their efforts. It's my goal to try to get it published by the end of 2018.

Project I would like a map of the island nation to include some details about the center of power of the nation (a temple and a palace and two mountains) with simple details like forests, lakes, a cave, and some political boundaries. I would also like, if possible, for there to be a small inset map in one corner that shows my island in relation to the other islands in the Balearic islands. Some light coloring might be nice but I'll be happy with a black and white sketch if necesssary. Other than the one region, the rest does not need much detail. Towns and villages can be simple dots.

Number of Maps Just the one, or perhaps it is two, since I'd like a tinier map showing my island in relation to the existing real Balearic islands.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer. I don't really understand this detail properly. I'd LIKE to get it published, and if it IS published, clearly I would not expect it to be free. I don't mind being schooled on this. I am not sure if my detail here is correct, or if I would have to obtain the copyright myself.

Deadline:
    Flexible. I've written the first two volumes and am halfway through the third volume, but there are seven volumes in the series. In all I've written about 38% of the entire thing. I'd like to have the map before summer vacation, since I'm a teacher, I intend to get a lot of writing done during summer vacation that begins halfway through June.

Payment:
    $50, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final file(s). I don't mind adding a caveat for the possibility that it might be published and used more widely and if so further money might be paid to the artist. This is again one of those areas where I have the greatest ignorance. I would/could also send a PDF copy of the finished novel(s) and a print copy if it came to that point.

I don't think I have the ability to attach an image but if I get an email at my contact below I can give you a sketch

Contact
    Lady Lithia
    LadyLithia(at)gmail(dot)com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map3.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	104190  
    Last edited by Lady Lithia; 02-03-2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: mark it taken

Hi , what style you are looking for ? a realistic one like geographical or a more handmade fantasy ?
    There are many talented cartographers for all styles, but I think you might have to increase a little that commission.