Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eldoran

Long time no see, Julien Your work on that setting is really humbling, I'm constantly amazed by your posts about it. I really love the rotating globe and, if I had one tiny critic, it would be that your ocean seems to show a seam in the middle of the Océan Palléatique. If it is the case, I might give some insight as I encountered this kind of trouble on my World of Anonyma II map. I kind of fixed by mirroring the background to make it seamless when I turned the equirectangular map into a rotating globe.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Fanboy No.51541815 checking in, sir! And your maps are freaking fantastic as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Fanboy No.51541815 checking in, sir! And your maps are freaking fantastic as usual.
    Thanks a lot, Mr D ! It has to be better than the previous one, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Long time no see, Julien Your work on that setting is really humbling, I'm constantly amazed by your posts about it. I really love the rotating globe and, if I had one tiny critic, it would be that your ocean seems to show a seam in the middle of the Océan Palléatique. If it is the case, I might give some insight as I encountered this kind of trouble on my World of Anonyma II map. I kind of fixed by mirroring the background to make it seamless when I turned the equirectangular map into a rotating globe.
    héhé, I know you've been and still are a busy man ! Thanks, sometimes I fear to get lost in useless details.
    I know about the seam, I erased it a bit, but the globes are more the result of a sudden silly idea than a real project. Hence the sloppy work on some points (including the choice of labels, too much or not enough, depending). I could have done much better to make them, but hell, I just spent too much time on it, already.

So, I first wanted to make the physical map with a lot of stuff under, like a climatic/biomes map, etc...
    Here's a start about a precipitation map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran Rb Pluies.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	4.90 MB 
ID:	129477
    But I don't have so many stuff to place, and I suppose that the main map is already showing a lot of things. So, I reduced it and I'll probably just add some stuffs about highest mountains, longest rivers and such things. Plus a proper frame, for sure.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyWIP G.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	11.09 MB 
ID:	129475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyWIP D.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	11.25 MB 
ID:	129476

The political map will be surrounded by more things (flags, religions, species...).

Incredible work, Ilanthar. It looks amazing.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Incredible work, Ilanthar. It looks amazing.
    Thanks a lot, Lady Pea!
    I decided to place Eldoran moons on the left, the planetary system on the right. Or at least, I'll try. I reworked the polar views and a new Mappemonde logo.
    Here's some more work on the highest mountains :

Name:	Mountains.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	780.7 KB 
ID:	129488

Very nice and belieaveable.

By Naima
    Very nice and belieaveable.
    Thanks a lot, Naima!

Changing my mind (again) and wondering again about that frame ()... My current idea is to place 6 landscapes (3 on each side). But, it might be just too heavy and distracting in the end...
    I'm also wondering if i should not add some more white on the big mountainous areas.

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyWIP frame.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	8.85 MB 
ID:	129542

Some more to have a better idea. I added more snow on the map in the polar regions and over the highest mountains (and I think it works better).
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyWIP frame.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	11.36 MB 
ID:	129546

Some more. I changed things a bit, trying to make it fit a bit better. And most of the second landscape is done.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Eldoran Rb PhyS.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.07 MB 
ID:	129565

I'm too discreet here, but be sure I'm just here, lurking and enjoying. Those creatures sketches look absolutely amazing !

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast