Thread: The House on Horner Hill WIP

Hey yo!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211117_162902308.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	131887

More colours continue to make their way in, it's starting to look like something now.

IR

Hey!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	PXL_20211122_053750285.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	131928

Kinda in the middle of a few things, but sometimes that's how I goes. Laying down the grass, and getting the sky to look convincing have been the hardest parts of this piece, as I'm still learning the best way to cover large areas, and lay down clean transition. All in all it's going well. Got the fireplaces lit, and the officer quarters done, just have to do the servant's quarters and the building itself will be done.

IR

I already liked the map in black and white and didn't have the feeling anything was missing, but the colours look beautiful so far! I'm looking forward to the final version.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    I already liked the map in black and white and didn't have the feeling anything was missing, but the colours look beautiful so far! I'm looking forward to the final version.
    Thanks Neyasha! I appreciate your support of this map, I've been pushing myself to finish it, while keeping the crisp feel of the B&W version. It's not easy to achieve a clean look with watercolors, as they tend to go where they want, but luckily I have a background of miniature painting that has afforded me much comfort in handling a brush.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	PXL_20211203_025707178.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	132019

It's getting close to being done! I was debating heavily on the colors for the title, but I think my choices made for a title that pops, which is what I was going after. Just have to finish the grass and sky, border elements, and a few minor details, then this shall be whisked off to the finished section.

IR

PS Decided to use liner pen for the room titling, because I couldn't see any other way to bring the roman numerals and legend section to pop more, let me know how it looks.
    Last edited by Adfor; 12-02-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12