Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map 54 - Country Name TBD

whew, these mountain lines are going to drive me nuts. lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom6.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	108381

EDIT: deep breath.... finished all the ridge lines and side ridges... whew...

Name:	Kingdom7.jpg 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	108383
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 07-12-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Nice work! I'm working on the mountains myself and yes, they do take time.
    I would probably fade out the mountain ridges at the edges where they meet the surrounding land. You know, just paint soft longer stretches and then use a soft low opacity eraser to blend them in.

By the way, love the rivers, look very natural to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Candacis View Post
    Nice work! I'm working on the mountains myself and yes, they do take time.
    I would probably fade out the mountain ridges at the edges where they meet the surrounding land. You know, just paint soft longer stretches and then use a soft low opacity eraser to blend them in.

By the way, love the rivers, look very natural to me.
    yeah, I am slowly beginning to come up with a plan now, lol.
    Next up, shade the mountains, but do one color the whole way through before moving on to another color, and then do it the whole way through, etc.
    Then, create the forest outlines (some of which will wind up covering a little bit of the mountains' edges methinks)
    Then work on the hill areas
    and THEN, work on blending the mountain edges and hill areas together better.

a bit disappointed at my inconsistency in the coloring of the mountains that I've already shaded, but i think it's because i did one mountain the whole way through, then did the next, etc... instead of working with one color on all of them at a time. At some point I will either come back to it and fix it, or may chalk it up to a different geology with whiter looking rock in that region.

Progress was a little slower this week, just added shading to the mountains here and there when I was bored. Got 2 of the colors on - doing all of them one color at a time I know will have a better uniform coloring, but the instant gratification of finishing a range sure isn't there, lol. Anyway, here's where it stands right now, and for the next 2 weeks probably because of summer vacations.

Name:	Kingdom8.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	108571

Blog Entries

Nice map ! Gimme a prod when you want it added to the overall compsite.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Nice map ! Gimme a prod when you want it added to the overall compsite.
    Thanks - I have quite a ways to go still. This has been kind of a "work on it a few minutes here, a few minutes there" sort of thing

I'm sure there is no one tapping their foot and waiting for me to update, but i feel bad for the lack of progress - the end of this summer has been crazy busy, with one more week of craziness. Just wanted to let you know i haven't left this and plan to pick it back up in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpy76 View Post
    I'm sure there is no one tapping their foot and waiting for me to update, but i feel bad for the lack of progress - the end of this summer has been crazy busy, with one more week of craziness. Just wanted to let you know i haven't left this and plan to pick it back up in a week.
    It happens to us all.
    I know Mouse and myself have both been sidelined with our city section for the city of Guild.
    Life is what it is.

My trouble is I start too many different projects, then multiply them by having ideas about different directions to go with each one.

I also have a naff computer that can't open the city map file any more, which doesn't help

So don't feel bad about anything, Chumpy. You're in good company!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My trouble is I start too many different projects, then multiply them by having ideas about different directions to go with each one.

I also have a naff computer that can't open the city map file any more, which doesn't help

So don't feel bad about anything, Chumpy. You're in good company!
    heh, thanks. My problem was just a crazy busy summer. I really do need to sit down and figure out what percentage of nights I actually slept in my own bed vs away somewhere... lol
    Anyway... A little progress to try and get back on track. did the next shading color for the mountain ranges on the sunlit side.

Name:	Kingdom9.jpg 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	109687

EDIT: 8/27 added the sunlit side highlight color.

Name:	Kingdom10.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	109751
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 08-27-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast