Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Map 54 - Country Name TBD

Wip Map 54 - The Tetzal Kingdom

Still putting some thought into What the country is going to be (some ideas are bouncing around atm), and figuring out what some proper climates would be, but I wanted to get a thread started and get a blank slate up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kingdom.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	108288
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 09-18-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Landed on a name for my country

Glad to see you jumped right in and started your thread.
    Look forward to seeing what you'll do with it.

Name:	KingdomofItztun2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1,000.1 KB 
ID:	108317
    Put the rivers in tonight.
    I was thinking about making it a semi-tropical/savanna/mountainous land, based on it's situation near the equator. (Thinking Honduras as my frame of reference) with the culture and political structure being (albeit not yet fleshed out in my head... we'll see) a Mayan version of a medieval European feudalism. History-wise, I think the big valley will be the Valley of the Giants, where there used to be an ancient culture of Giants, but were invaded and destroyed(?) by the current inhabitants.

Name:	climates.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	108316
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 07-10-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Great story !
    I'm glad Guild World is still growing ! And your map is looking good (though the latest attachment can't be read)

Hey neighbor!
    I'm curious to see what you can come up with. I like the texture you started with. Unfortunately I can't see the attachments in your latest post.

Since I'm doing an incan like culture, I think your mayan feudalism idea fits perfectly. Let's do some trade relationships!

oops - just realized why the attachments didn't work. Fixed that.

Added Mountain ridge lines - going to try for a top-down view of them. I Started fleshing out a small range of them to see how it looks, rather than do the whole thing and then look at it and say "hmm... i don't like it." I'm Probably going to sit on it a couple days to decide if i like it or not.
    Also... I started thinking about the scale of things, and I may need to cut some of those up into smaller ranges

Name:	Kingdom3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	108336
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 07-10-2018 at 09:33 PM.

I think i like it.

Name:	Kingdom4.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	108337
    EDIT: one of my masks went awry, hence the line to the west of the landmass if you were wondering. I sure was.
    Last edited by Chumpy76; 07-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candacis View Post
    Hey neighbor!
    I'm curious to see what you can come up with. I like the texture you started with. Unfortunately I can't see the attachments in your latest post.

Since I'm doing an incan like culture, I think your mayan feudalism idea fits perfectly. Let's do some trade relationships!
    Yeah, I saw your post and thought "well crud... that's kind of what I was gonna do" lol. but i guess it just makes sense in the region. perhaps the two countries came out of the same original people group that split off over time through migration and conquest

I like that you're both bringing in the south american flavor

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast