Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Map 59 - Arlys

That's looking good, Beee
    Love that golden peak.
    You've got some nice terrain things going on in there.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Very nice so far! I love the mountains, and that crystal thingamagig is intriguing

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That's looking good, Beee
    Love that golden peak.
    You've got some nice terrain things going on in there.
    Glad you think it !
    Deserts are always a challenge for me because it's definitely not what I love. I'm the child of old mountains, deep forests and flowery meadows... so of course it's where I need to put some extra efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Very nice so far! I love the mountains, and that crystal thingamagig is intriguing
    Thanks Gidde ! There's never enough magic stones and crystals in a fantasy world ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Glad you think it !
    Deserts are always a challenge for me because it's definitely not what I love. I'm the child of old mountains, deep forests and flowery meadows... so of course it's where I need to put some extra efforts
    I hear ya. I'm naturally drawn to rugged terrain and hills, forested uplands and such.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

A beautiful map in the making! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, but for now, it's very promising! And the desert looks very well drawn to me!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    A beautiful map in the making! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next, but for now, it's very promising! And the desert looks very well drawn to me!
    Better late than never : thanks a lot, Jo ! ^^'

-

Sooo, because miracles happen when you don't think they're possible, I finally, finally found a few hours for Arlys
    I suddenly thought the lineart needed some extra love, and went to detail it a bit more, adding a lot of details and texture. Now, I wonder if I'll keep this pretty nude line on parchment, or if I'll paint the biomes... Hmm...
    Also tried something new for the main cities marker... Let's see how it works ^^

Hope you'll enjoy !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arlys_WIP05_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	553.3 KB 
ID:	119998
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 01-22-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

we do enjoy ! Excellent work ! So precise, so many details ! And the label is looking good ! I'll enjoy reading more about this country

Impressive ! The drawing is beautiful. I like how you manage to keep it readable and coherent while adding so many details.

Are these gold veins springing out of the ground or... honeycombs ?

It's definitely more than promising...
    Last edited by Marc Moureau; 01-22-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    My Website
    You can also find my work on :

Twitter . Instagram . Artstation . Behance

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That is looking so good, Beee
    Thanks a lot, Sir !

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    we do enjoy ! Excellent work ! So precise, so many details ! And the label is looking good ! I'll enjoy reading more about this country
    Glad you love it, Jo ! The lineart details are those I usually draw on my painted/colored maps, but after all, why not on a parchment base as well ?
    I definitely need to write something about the culture and History of Arlys and have good clues for it, but at the moment, I'm still learning from the map. Maps speak

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Moureau View Post
    Impressive ! The drawing is beautiful. I like how you manage to keep it readable and coherent while adding so many details.

Are these gold veins springing out of the ground or... honeycombs ?

It's definitely more than promising...
    Thanks for the kind words, Marc !
    Hehe, you spotted the dilemma : gold or honey ? I must confess I'm not totally decided about that. Honey definitely has some significance on Arlys' culture, but gold is necessary in the local technology, and also appreciated in the flourishing art and architecture... Let's see, let's see...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast