Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Simple Mountains in Gimp

Hmmm.. I'm not sure. I'll go back and check.

Thanks for the tutorial. However I am running into an unexpected problem. Not sure if I have missed out a step, but I keep getting contour lines around my mountains. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pangshu2.png 
Views:	430 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	47833

Can I request some assistance on how to remove this?

Quote Originally Posted by Khadrim View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial. However I am running into an unexpected problem. Not sure if I have missed out a step, but I keep getting contour lines around my mountains. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pangshu2.png 
Views:	430 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	47833

Can I request some assistance on how to remove this?
    You just need to feather out the overlay layer. These are a result of 8 bit quantization.

-Rob A>

Ahh, Thank you. No more countour lines and the mountains blend in much better.

I had some minor issues, because I forgot to Emboss the entire layer, I was at first embossing just the selection. I got better results first embossing the selection, THEN the layer, then 50% grey bucket.

I also filled the original "Mountain Copy" layer with "Bark", and it gave it a nice brown texture.

Thank you for this tutorial, it is still helping people. I am a little lost, but I am trying.
    Last edited by Soloeus; 06-07-2013 at 07:21 AM.

I'm having trouble beveling the rivers, can someone help me, please? How exactly do I do that?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by yowanai View Post
    I'm having trouble beveling the rivers, can someone help me, please? How exactly do I do that?

Thank you!
    The normal way to give a river a bevel is to blur it and emboss it, them change it to overlay mode. There is no rivers in this tutorial, however, are you referencing something else?

-Rob A>

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Amazing, a wonderful tutorial, and for gimp. Love it!

I need help quickly. So I am following the steps. And at step 3 when I use the Gaussian blur, it keeps the hard edges of the selection, I did make sure to (select>none) so I am not sure whats going on, any help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	93 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	64735

Why is it doing this?

Also, hi, I am a lurker that made an account. All the tutorials are amazing BTW.

Please disregard attached thumbnail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	64734  
    Last edited by Zancie; 06-05-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected jugabyte's Avatar

Do you have a visible duplicate layer? If so try making it not visible and see if that fixes it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast