Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

Default 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

I will be making a map of the city, eventually, but since I've been using Vue Creator, a 3D terrain generator, I needed an illustration of Kaidan-kyo, the capital city of the Kaidan empire. It took forever to render, so I thought I'd post the results.

The background of the image: the lake, the woodlands and the skyline including the Japanese castle took 38.5 hours to render using Vue Creator. The foreground: a red maple tree, some cattails in the water, the ficus, the stone lantern and the geisha, also created in Vue Creator took only 7 minutes! I just tweaked it today and am finally done. I think it turned out well. Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaidan-kyo-illustration.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	113775
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Kumori-kyo, one of 24 cloud cities on the Tengu world of Kowareta, one of the moons orbiting Jigoku, the Oni planet (gas giant). Once a verdant Earth-like world that received a bombardent assault by Oni forces using barometric bombs, which toxified the atmosphere and greatly increased the barometric pressure at the surface, making it uninhabitable, except at the highest mountain peaks and in their cloud cities. Once over a billion tengu inhabited this world, now slightly more than a million survive there. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	cloud-city-final.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	539.7 KB 
ID:	113817
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Next 3D scene, the swampy jungle moon of the kappa race, slave laborers of the Oni of Jigoku, a gas giant that this moon orbits. Kappa are small, turtle/frog cross humanoids of Japanese folklore. Created in Vue Creator, a 3D terrain generator and Poser 11, to custom create the kappa in the foreground ... enjoy!

GP

Name:	kappa-moon.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	113851
    DrivethruRPG store

This is Wa Station, located on a water world that features two small islands and extensive shallow continents for the ningyo (merfolk) and same-bito (shark shapechangers) that inhabit this sea world. The Kaidanese have built Wa Station to both study the seas, and have a secret hiding place within orbit of Jigoku, which this like many of the worlds presented are moons of the gas giant. The Kaidanese have recruited the same-bito into a fighting force of armored ashigaru... enjoy!

GP

Name:	wa-station.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	113904
    DrivethruRPG store

Totally for experimentation purposes only, I may use this, but otherwise it's probably usable in both sci-fi and fantasy. You know those heavily eroded limestone spires of rock in China with trees growing on them. Vue has a land texture that is more than just a rocky surface, but also has plants built in placed randomly, but only appear in flat surface areas. So I created a spire of rock in Wings 3D, with outcroppings and small ledges with flat tops, imported to Vue and applied that texture. And so it wasn't just landscape art, I placed some towers, a landing pad and a bridge on it's exterior. Anyway, even if I don't use it, maybe you can use it as inspiration in your own adventures for unique places for adventurers to visit... enjoy!

GP

Name:	hebi-tower.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	720.6 KB 
ID:	113934
    DrivethruRPG store

More a quickie, this is the FiveCorp asteroid mining station. When the mining consortium made it clear that as a smaller concern, they couldn't claim all the trillium rich asteroids in the region they discovered. They could only claim the asteroid they were attached to, so the engineers at FiveCorp determined to move the three richest trillium asteroids into close enough vicinity they could build a hub station that connects to all of them. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	rock-field.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	113987
    DrivethruRPG store

Finished the blue dragon 3D model yesterday, and I wanted to render it into a scene, but didn't want to spend a lot of time building a scene, so I used my previous limestone spire model, retextured it with something other than limestone, and with some nice plant textures on it - I think this works out fine. Oh, I changed the structures on the spire to be more fitting medievil architecture to fit most fantasy game expectations. Done! Enjoy!

GP

Name:	dragon-tower.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	816.2 KB 
ID:	114058
    DrivethruRPG store

Almost a map, Kaidan-kyo, the imperial capital of the Empire of Kaidan, with the structure of the imperial crest, the chrysanthemum, done in Vue, Wings 3D using a J-Displacement to create the building displacement map. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	aerial-view-city1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	783.1 KB 
ID:	114112
    DrivethruRPG store

The Imperial capital of Kaidan-kyo, aerial version is finally done. I added some bigger skyscrapers of the MegaCorps around the inner circle downtown area of the city, and some further out. I added a starport, with a train station on the adjacent petal with tubes going into and around the city, then out into tunnels beyond. I added a stadium, a large temple, a power plant and water treatment facility, and on the outlying "islands" are defensive structures that serve as weapons platforms with pop up capital weapon turrets, missile batteries and the upper portion are shield emitters to encapsulate the entire city inside massive shields. A hydrofoil ship is seen passing to bottom right. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	kaidan-kyo-aerial-view.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	770.3 KB 
ID:	114141
    DrivethruRPG store

One of the races being included in the Kaidan Interstellar Empire of Japanese horror setting for Starfinder, is the Jorogumo or "spider women" race. While physiologically resembling a spider, societally they are more like ants or bees. For each nest city, they have a queen, several male drones, and the rest of the infertile females, so the majority resemble females and why they are called "spider women". Strangely they think in binary and hexidecimal, and are extremely skilled in computers with bonuses for such skills. They are a starfaring race and while an enemy of the oni are solitary versus joining other races. They live in subterranean caverns on their homeworld... enjoy!

This one uses a Poser human female head, other than that modeled in Wings 3D, and rendered in Vue.

GP

Name:	jorogumo.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	329.5 KB 
ID:	114180
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast