Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    ...experimenting on some new atmosphere settings...
    I looked at the picture before the post and automatically thought "what great atmosphere this pic has!" That little bit, and you give a sense of a whole new world. Really nice, thanks for sharing!

The Wardens of Mayhem are an undead, Eoxian biker gang that roams the Drift riding tiny, chopper configured, armed racer starships with "open cockpits". Riders with environment armor, androids and sentient robots that don't breathe, and undead, like these Borai riders don't need life support, and it isn't available, though all other starship systems including shields protect riders from debris "space rash". The forks and "front tire" doesn't turn, rather when you turn the handle bars, at the center on either side of the forward maneuvering pod has thrusters to either side for precise turning. Thrusters to it's front apply as breaks, and thrusters beneath for landing. Under the sea is the actual fusion drive, and beneath it are thrusters for landing as well. The pipes, of course are the main thrusters. The founder of the DSC League Discord community dreamed up this idea, and I decided to illustrate it... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wardens.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	311.9 KB 
ID:	130833
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Calling this the KSS Sakura, a Daedalus class armed corporate frigate is lightly armed, though carries a squadron of defense, scout and mercantile boats. This is a flying research facility, and a kind of corporate field office. It is flying through the Kaidan star system which is located inside the Yurei (ghost) Nebula, and why dust fills much of the space between the stars and planets. This ship is currently flying in orbit around the Gas Giant, Jigoku. I wanted to create a large non military ship... enjoy!

GP

Name:	corporate-carrier.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	130847
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Kind of ran dry on ideas, but I wanted to do something, even "make work" just to keep designing, while fresh ideas build in my head. So I took that armored samurai model, and my Marathon Colonial Marine fast boat, and put them onto an alien world with shallow seas and oddly angled rock peaking above the waterline, and that is the terrain across the globe.

GP

Name:	search-and-rescue.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	130916
    DrivethruRPG store

Thanks, RRedmond!

Just playing around with some terrain and sky presets, then adding in a flight of Kaidan Imperial Naval Interceptors. Tanto class, with a second flight coming around to follow. They are doing atmosphere flight training and "nap of Earth" flight operations, followed by strafing ground targets as a military exercise.

While the main continent of Kaidan looks very wet and verdant like it was on the Old World (think Japan), before colonial resettlement, western Kaidan is extensive deserts behind the central mountain range causing a rain shadow in the lands west to the sea. Some of the region includes mining operations, an airport, and mostly weapons development corporations, much of the west are flight and artillery ranges, proving grounds and terrain for military exercises.

GP

Name:	tanto-approach.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	130944
    DrivethruRPG store

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Thanks, guys!

I've been getting sidetracked lately, and needed to get back to the Planet Builder project. I think I'm going to rename it the Star System Builder, since the supplement focuses on entire star systems, not simply planets, though keeping the Planet Point system and name. I'm trying to wrap up the map part of the guide, which I'll then "play-test" at the DSC using the rules to create custom star systems and planets. I also need more content one can "purchase" with Planet Points - artificial structures, space ports, etc. I needed a filler illustration showing a starship exploring an alien world, so whipped this up this evening to fill the slot... enjoy!

GP

Name:	planet-exploration.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	864.4 KB 
ID:	131211
    DrivethruRPG store

I am jumping ahead of myself - starting to plan my 2022 publishing schedule, though these might not all fit this, yeat, it's a goal.

The Kronusverse is the default setting used in all Gamer Printshop publications, originally created by T. H. Gulliver in his one-shot horror anthology, Dead in Space. Since then I've been expanding the setting in nearly all of my releases. After having published The Planet Builder supplement last year with tools for creating entire star systems - I'm ready to bring my setting out of the background and into it's own product line.

Mini setting guides include: overview with history, culture, government, technology, resources, factions and unique aspects, of each primary world described (at least 2 per guide). Maps of the entire star system, world maps/sphererical image of primary worlds, mapped locations for large complex and interesting locales, a starship deck plan and illustrations of other ships of the system. Unique weapons, armor, equipment and other items found here. New races and monsters. The full stat block which works like a gazetteer almost.

Having already announced the Gemini Binary Stars as a the first mini setting guide for my new product line. And because I should have an overview guide to the entire Kronusverse setting - I plan to release those simultaneously.

However, I've got 3 more mini-guides I want to do, so created the concept covers for the entire line, so far...

Thoughts?

Name:	2022-gamer-printshop-lineup.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	132811
    DrivethruRPG store

Haven't rendered a 3D image in a while, and needed something to depict the Colonial Navy, so this is the 4th Colonial Fleet on patrol in the Daedalus system. Shown is the Kraken class dreadnought, 4 Hammerhead class battleships, and many packs of Nautilus class medium patrol corvettes. I'm doing the secction on the Colonial Navy in the Kronusverse Guide - and I needed an illustration for it.

Name:	daedalus-fleet.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	866.0 KB 
ID:	132836
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast