Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3D illustration of a sci-fi Japanese capital

Thanks, Rredmond!

Next is a living tree ship, called the Arbor Galley, an official craft of the Astal Druidic Council. As a living tree, the aft end is the root ball, the midsection trunk has all the leaf branches which serve as sails. The forward part is a hollowed log with interior structure in the hollow, and living trees, grass as a grove above and below the gravity plane. Notably the passage across the gravity plane is via a pool of fresh water with fishes inside, 4 feet deep, but the top/bottom is the top on either side of the gravity plane. You can dive from one side to the other. The ship needs not enter a color sphere to refresh it's air bubble - the tree does that itself. A druid and staff operate this ship... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arbor-galley.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	795.2 KB 
ID:	134111
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-15-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Next Spelljammer custom design is the Scylla lobster ship. This ship flies backwards uisng it's tail and leg fins as sails. I've repurposed a model I created as a Starfinder starship sized living construct with an entire family of crustaceans. I added the winglets on it's legs, cut out the back of it's carapace to place a deck and trebuche. At the rear I inserted a platform to mount a ballista. I figure this is a pirate ship. While it flies backwards at cruising speed. When approaching a targetted ship, it does a "Crazy Ivan" maneuver twisting it's tail fins and one sides winglets to rotate 180 degrees in order to grapple an opposing ship. Since I doubt Spelljammer ships are allowed to have crushing weapons to them, at least these claws should be allowed to grapple another ship... enjoy!

GP

Name:	scylla-spelljammer.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	134123
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

The Scarab is a destroyer class undead Beetle ship of the Anubians, a jackal headed gnoll humanoid. They worship Anubis and live as ancient Egyptian necromancers and slavers. These ships require constant surface oiling to keep the chiton from rotting. Animated dead is used once landed on a planet/color sphere allowing it to walk and attack structural targets on the ground. These beetles are from the jungles of the Anubian homeworld.

Name:	stag-beetle-flyer.jpg 
Size:	681.9 KB 
ID:	134128
    DrivethruRPG store

Well these ships are for Dungeons & Dragons Spelljammer ships right? So I need to create at least on of these for flying beast based ships. This is the Drake class mercenary light destroyer (I reclassed the beetle ship to corvette class). This ship is long, but narrow with limited interior space, mostly in the body section. Enjoy!

Name:	drake.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	134147
    DrivethruRPG store

A thri-kreen operated armed bulk freighter, called the Locust, which is the size of a cruiser class ship. It features 3 trebuches and 3 ballista. The abdomen section is entirely dedicated to bulk cargo. Yes, grasshopper, it is a reaper of grains... enjoy!

GP

Name:	locust-armed-freighter.jpg 
Size:	1,014.1 KB 
ID:	134158
    DrivethruRPG store

The Zhitchaka are a humanoid crustacean race from a planet of shallow tropical seas, as a starfaring race of militant philosophers. They exist within the Kronusverse setting. (I'm currently sidetracked developing a collection of Spelljammer ships, but once done, I'll get back to setting development for Starfinder). This creature uses parts from a 3D insectoid collection by Bernhard Vanderhorst - not my 3D design. Enjoy!

Name:	zhitchaka.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	594.7 KB 
ID:	134174
    DrivethruRPG store

Another illustration to clean my palate, just to try out some new assets (not my work), but where I can use them for illustrations I need for my publications. I consider this a scorpion spider, you'll note it has 10 legs, not 8, like a spider, though it has a spider's head. the 4 forelimbs are kind of mauls with spikes to hug prey in range for their poisonous bite. You cannot see the abdomen at this angle, but not a spider's, nor a true scorpion tail, it has a pincer tail (not a claw) like an earwig has - just more nasty to deal with. I would title this as Spider Hole, or why I stopped playing solo adventures... enjoy!

GP

Name:	spiderhole.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	134192
    DrivethruRPG store

For clarification, this illustration is for my Starfinder setting, not Spelljammer, finding a cluster of small asteroids, gathered and bound together by an intelligent, alien, gargantuan spider (presumably Tiny to Gargantuan, starship scale) and those mean large, humanoid scorpion spider I produced yesterday, is their tiny males of the species. Each queen has dozens of male laborer warriors to protect her. They catch passing small asteroids by placing webbing between it and their nest. Noting, I'm calling this a spider nest, not "the spider nests", as apparently these can be found in asteroids belts, dust clouds and nebula where these giant spiders dwell... enjoy!

GP

Name:	spider nest.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	134203
    DrivethruRPG store

I've updated the last image to include 2 drapes of webbing attached on either side of the spider's nest, presumably attached to larger, nearby asteroids, to both add more secure anchor points as well as provide web nets between them to catch passing small asteroids and possible ships...

GP

Name:	spider nest.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	134206
    DrivethruRPG store

I am almost certain there is a scorpion Spelljammer ship, but am not sure. That said, I made this anyway...

Atsuko Mizumi is a kitsune pirate captain aboard the Sasori, which is Japanese for scorpion. Her crew consists entirely of yokai (Japanese folklore shapechangers), which include such beings as kitsune, hengeyokai, and tanuki, as well as more rarely a same-bito (shark shapechanger). Their ship is fast and maneuverable, though lightly armed and armored. It hides in the terrain of moons in ambush, eyeing for passing ships to raid.

GP

Name:	sasori.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	934.7 KB 
ID:	134217
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast