Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lite Challenge Rules - Please Read.

Hi Ravensworth, the post stating what the contest should have the final date in it. I'll reword the rules to reflect this. Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency.

Hi Ravensworth, The post describing the challenge for that month should state when the contest closes. Most of the time the Lite Challenge runs from about the 17th or 18th of one month and ends on the 14th of the next month so it is about 26 days long. BUT it can vary for a lot of reasons including I was very busy at home or at work on the 14th and couldn't get around to closing the challenge to start the voting, or I just plain forgot. It never ends early but it might run up to a day later than planned, (doesn't happen very often)

So we'd love to have you enter, you have about 15 days to go. Remember, the map must have been started no sooner than the start of the challenge.

Great I haven't started it yet. So I am okay there!

May I have a quick clarification on the rules, please.
    The rules are one entry only. So, would multiple images that make up a whole package be a single entry or does it mean one image only? My idea includes a log book and some related news clippings and reports. Can I enter them all as one entry or does it need to be one image only? It can go either way, I'd just like to know the preference under the rules.

The thumbnail scraper only picks up one image, but if you bundled them all together into one image it would be fine, people do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    The thumbnail scraper only picks up one image, but if you bundled them all together into one image it would be fine, people do it all the time.
    Thank you.

Falconius is right and there are several ways you can do it. Most common is to stitch the two images together into one. Another common method is to make it look like multiple pages on a desk.

Check out this one that is in the regular Challenge right now: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=97925

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Falconius is right and there are several ways you can do it. Most common is to stitch the two images together into one. Another common method is to make it look like multiple pages on a desk.

Check out this one that is in the regular Challenge right now: https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...chmentid=97925
    On a desk was what I was thinking.

Question Is it possible to delete maps after challenge posts are locked and archived?

I was going through the rules and the replies (around post 15), and I thought of this query that came up in my mind:

I entered a challenge, posted some WIPs (and the final map). The challenge was later locked and archived.

After a few months (maybe even years), a client desires to buy the map that was entered as part of some challenge. However, the client asks to remove all of the WIPs along with the final map from all websites. Is it possible to remove them from the archived challenges that the map was entered?

Thanks,
    Phoenix81.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    I was going through the rules and the replies (around post 15), and I thought of this query that came up in my mind:

I entered a challenge, posted some WIPs (and the final map). The challenge was later locked and archived.

After a few months (maybe even years), a client desires to buy the map that was entered as part of some challenge. However, the client asks to remove all of the WIPs along with the final map from all websites. Is it possible to remove them from the archived challenges that the map was entered?

Thanks,
    Phoenix81.
    While you'd probably want a CL to confirm this, I think it's a pretty safe bet that any CL would gladly modify a thread as needed, if the situation is explained to them.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast