Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farm bookmark

Very nice, the isometric stuff is really cool but definitely way beyond me, awesome work!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticDesign View Post
    Very nice, the isometric stuff is really cool but definitely way beyond me, awesome work!
    Thanks you. And, not at all! Don't limit yourself before you even try, I'm dreadful at perspective work but I still pulled this off cause I decided I wanted to, and that's basically it.

I set up a perspective grid using Clip Studio Paint when I made this map, but I've discovered an even easier tool to do an isometric map now—Lazy Nezumi. It includes a ruler for isometric digital art. This automatic snap should make isometric art a breeze. But even without it, doing an isometric perspective isn't HARD, it just requires a bit of pre-planning that a quick sketch wouldn't.

To make an isometric grid without any tools, basically, you just loop a hexagon cut into 6 slices, or draw lines at the right angle. So it's not even as fussy as many types of perspective. You could just make a Photoshop brush that's the per-requisite hexagon and stamp it into place and not even fuss with any gridding. It looks much harder and more impressive than it is, realize that it's popular because once you know how it works, it's very easy to do. Not like 3 point perspective, which is a nightmare beast from hell.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Tiana; 10-18-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I remember trying to do 3 point perspective during art class in high school. It was a while ago. who knows maybe I'll figure out how to turn the style I like into something isometric.

What is the style you like?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12