Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commission: Feldsmast

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Nice map, with a lot of elements !

I love the idea of the hedges !

Great map, full of details and elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayama View Post
    WoW what a nice style, how long did it take too work these detailed things like mountains, villages and fields out?
    Thank you Ayama I usually keep track of the time spent on my maps, but I lost track with this one. A long time, let's just say that

Quote Originally Posted by Pomb View Post
    Damn Wingshaw what a charming map! I love all the little details, specially the villages and buildings (my sore spot atm) I hear you on how long it takes for bushes and trees, those suckers really eat time. I like Easthaven island, the land formation is so cool.
    How do you get names? my nameology is pretty poor, you seem to have a good grip on names that don't sound contrived / corny, is that something that you get from the client?
    Thanks Pomb With the names, there isn't much secret to my method: I use fantasy name generators (I recommend donjon.bin.sh and fantasynamegenerators.com) and I keep on generating new names until I find something that 'fits' the town I'm looking at (eg. I wouldn't use "Samplebridge" for a town that has no reason to have a bridge).

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    A really lovely piece Wingshaw! Nice job on the rendering for this piece. I also really like the cities and their crests. Nice work on this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Nice map, with a lot of elements !

I love the idea of the hedges !
    Cheers Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, full of details and elements.
    Thank you Ilanthar

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Praise

I like the color choice and also that you didnt fill every empty space with dots/dashes/whatever. It make the map very clean and things are easy to find on.

This is another epic map, George, my only regret is the lack of texture in the green parts. In some places, some hills seem to hover above the land when a few strokes would have anchored them in a horizontal landscape. I'm partial to texturing myself and often overdo it so, please focus on the "epic map" part of the comment Cheers !

Default Commission cost

Do you have a website or some other way of reaching out for possible commissions? I absolutely love this style and how alive it feels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12