Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commission: Feldsmast

Default Commission: Feldsmast

Hi all,

I haven't posted any new maps here for some time, but now I'm putting up two recently completed commissions.

This one is the Duchy of Feldsmast: a region with small villages, woods and farmland scattered about. This is a zoomed in portion of the map of Amedir that I posted in 2018 (see here).

This map was hand-drawn and coloured in Photoshop. This was also quite a fun map to make, but also a very time-consuming one (all of those hedges...).

I'd be keen to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions

Wingshaw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feldsmast 12 fewer labels.jpg 
Views:	1245 
Size:	9.18 MB 
ID:	117156  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I'm very found of the style. Well done.

Time consuming ? I can easily see why, but it worth it. I'm in love with your villages and fields

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I love this, the color scheme is great!

That looks splendid, George. Loads of detail.
    Definitely somewhere to wander around in.

I'm extremely fond of the layout here, just love those fields and how they really distinguish what lands are inhabited by the sentient folk. The soft feel of the line work and the perspective really tickles my fancy as well, awesome work, Wingshaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Azélor View Post
    I'm very found of the style. Well done.
    Thank you Azélor

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Time consuming ? I can easily see why, but it worth it. I'm in love with your villages and fields
    Thanks Misty. I haven't seen fields done this way before, so I thought it'd be a fun experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I love this, the color scheme is great!
    Thanks Wired

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That looks splendid, George. Loads of detail.
    Definitely somewhere to wander around in.
    Thank you John. One of my main goals with this map was that the players should have a very clear image of their landscape, so they can point to a specific bush or hill as they play. I'm glad to know that I've achieved that

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    I'm extremely fond of the layout here, just love those fields and how they really distinguish what lands are inhabited by the sentient folk. The soft feel of the line work and the perspective really tickles my fancy as well, awesome work, Wingshaw!
    Thanks Adfor. I hadn't thought of it showing wilds vs cultivated land, but you're right. That's a very nice thought

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

WoW what a nice style, how long did it take too work these detailed things like mountains, villages and fields out?

Damn Wingshaw what a charming map! I love all the little details, specially the villages and buildings (my sore spot atm) I hear you on how long it takes for bushes and trees, those suckers really eat time. I like Easthaven island, the land formation is so cool.
    How do you get names? my nameology is pretty poor, you seem to have a good grip on names that don't sound contrived / corny, is that something that you get from the client?

A really lovely piece Wingshaw! Nice job on the rendering for this piece. I also really like the cities and their crests. Nice work on this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast