Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Free map assets!

Very nice items!

Guild Artisan

Very Nice.

Thanks, here are some more. Stock from Pixabay free for all use with no credit cut into usable map pieces again.

Salt and pepper shaker, white
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	salt pepper shaker.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	118582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	salt shaker.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	118583

Book with lilacs

Name:	purple flowers on book small.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	366.1 KB 
ID:	118575

Assorted rubble

Name:	repeating grate window.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	118576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubble 2 smaller.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	118577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubble small.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	118578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rusted bin smaler.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	402.3 KB 
ID:	118579

Rusted hubcaps / machinery

Name:	rusted wheel.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	547.9 KB 
ID:	118581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rusted metal wheel.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	118580

Pocket knife

Name:	pocket knife, wood.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	118574

Scale

Name:	scale bw.png 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	118584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale greyblue.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	118585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale smaller.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	118586

Rustic soup

Name:	soup.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	118587

Empty square basket

Name:	square basket darker.png 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	118588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square basket gold.png 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	118589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square basket green.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	118590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square basket small.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	118591
    Old farm equipment

Name:	old farm equipment smaller.png 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	118560

Colored pencils in jar

Name:	pencils, colored small.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	118567Name:  pencils small.png
Views: 392
Size:  89.0 KB

Food on plate

Name:	oatmeal or pudding in white bowl blue.png 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	118557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oatmeal or pudding in white bowl smaller.png 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	118558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oatmeal or pudding in white bowl yellow.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	118559

Pie on plate (cherry and blueberry)

Name:	pie plate red.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	118568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pie plate smaller.png 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	118569

Pill bottle

Name:	pill bottle.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	118570

Flowers

Name:	pink flower darker.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	118571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink flower darkest.png 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	118572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pink flower smaller.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	118573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange flower pinker.png 
Size:	339.4 KB 
ID:	118561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange flower redder.png 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	118562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange flower reddest.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	118563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange flower smaller.png 
Size:	346.9 KB 
ID:	118564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orange flower yellower.png 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	118565

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

A texture I posted in another thread I decided I'd add here. Green painted waves. Came from stock artwork of some kind, I liked the wave part so I turned it into an infinitely loopable wave fill.

Name:	lightgreenwaves.jpg 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	118897

Also here's a table with some saws on it.

Name:	table with saws.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	880.5 KB 
ID:	118898

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

This asset is a bit sad. I am releasing it as free stock for your maps. Credit is unnecessary. I am satisfied if someone sneaks my cat into a map. This photo was taken by me, of my cat Duncan, on his last night alive. I had snapped several photos anticipating his death today, and intentionally took a top-down so he could be turned into an asset.

I got him from the Humane Society. He had been there for 6 months, passed up for younger playful cats who "showed well". He did not show well, though the staff clearly knew he was kind at heart, and had made a YouTube video of him I later discovered and had labelled him "secret admirer". Of course I'm sad he kept being passed up but I think he was waiting for me to get over my dislike of cats. I just had a mouse and depression problem, so, y'know. He didn't catch any of those mice, by the way. He was originally named Boots but as he did not respond to his name anyway. I renamed him when I adopted him at the senior age of 9-10. I chose to adopt an old cat with the expectation that I would get to test run a cat who would die soon and I could then decide if I liked them or not. Somehow I had it in my mind cats died at like, 9-12, since I knew mostly farm cats before. (I was wrnog) So I picked a sulky fellow who hid under the Humane Society cages when we let him out. Perfect. A mouser who would sulk around my furniture and not get in my way. Hah, boy was I wrong, he turned out to be a hardcore snuggler lap cat full of more love and affection than I had realized was possible for cats. In line with his very attached nature, he got the last laugh and died in my arms one hour before he was due to go to the vet, as I assured him I would not take him in the car if he died before the appointment, and going in the car was his least favorite. It was very peaceful. He let out a big breath like he was snoring or falling asleep, and I think that was it, though I didn't realize for a few more minutes until I passed him to my best friend and she realized he was going stiff. He was 14.6, a little on the younger median side for a cat to pass, but it definitely seemed to be a death of old age/natural causes.

This October, he caught his first mouse, and then brought it inside... Over Christmas he was still hopping into chairs. Over the last couple weeks he suddenly just became old, and in the way I saw everyone in long term care pass of natural causes, declined and lost all function and motor control, until it was all he could do to breathe. I don't know the cause, but it didn't appear to be painful, just that he became more and more tired until finally, he fell asleep for good. He never went and hid from me in the corner. He was still there. He solicited cuddles and face scritches until the last night, less than 12 hours before he passed he was lying with his head in my hand, arm over my arm, guiding my finger to scratch his face until he decided he wanted to go lie back down. Freakin sweetheart. It crushes me that he's gone, even though I'm glad this is how he went rather than the vet trauma finale. Yes, I will be getting another cat(s?!?!?)

Please consider adding him to your maps to keep him alive in the collective multiverse, finally adventuring in the grass or napping in a sunbeam in some other strange place. It is in line with my brand and nature to want my cat in the co-creative multiverse, and to release this as no attribution required stock. You can sell the product you create using this asset, just not the asset itself. Duncan is free for anyone to place in their battlemap.

Name:	Duncan.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	120229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duncan-no-shadow.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	120230

I'm very sorry about Duncan, Tiana. As a mad cat lover myself, I have experienced the loss of cats before. I think it is particularly sad that, these majestic animals, often lose their dignity towards the end. It sounds like Duncan was able to preserve his dignity, though, which is good. I rarely use photographic assets, but if the opportunity arises, I will include this in my work.

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Farewell, Sweet Duncan. May flights of feline angels yowl you to your rest.

Condolences, Tiana. You expect to outlive a cat, but you still miss them when they go. Bless you for taking an older cat. Animals, like humans, are much harder to get adopted when they are older.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of Duncan. I've been meaning to try out some maps to use the assets posted on CG, so I will hope to include him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingshaw View Post
    I'm very sorry about Duncan, Tiana. As a mad cat lover myself, I have experienced the loss of cats before. I think it is particularly sad that, these majestic animals, often lose their dignity towards the end. It sounds like Duncan was able to preserve his dignity, though, which is good. I rarely use photographic assets, but if the opportunity arises, I will include this in my work.

Wingshaw
    Oh, I can't imagine you using it in your work since you're a grand illustrator and not a photobasher, but thank you for the kind words. Although speaking for myself I do totally custom illustrative work sometimes, and other times I just schluck stock together, it can be fun playing with assets when you're not trying to do something "important" but just make a fun game piece.

Indeed, he was mostly dignified, he just slowed down, it was only the last few days that he began losing control of his functions, until all he could do was fall over if I set him down, and move about a meter before exhaustedly lying back down to catch his breath. He was still crossing the house on his own power a couple days before he died. I do feel quite bad that the final night he had, while I snuggled him until I had to go to sleep, I set him down on a little memory foam mattress he often snoozed on and came upstairs to find he'd wet himself on it and it had dried on him. I should've been there to clean him up sooner but I was sleeping. The only thing he ever complained about was missing his litter box as he declined... he would head there and just not quite make it. But even the very last time I picked him up, he still snuggled his head in, even though he couldn't move his limbs anymore. He was happier being there. If I'd have brought him out of the house he would have tensed up even if he didn't have the strength to hide. So he never got the final terrifying trip to the vet and just got to fall asleep in the best place in his opinion instead. He hated cars so much. He was my first cat, and the only one with the power to make me see cats for what they truly are. It sucks. I'm glad you've had the chance to love some great cats too. I'm okay but it's fried my ability to draw and I keep being randomly sad again. I can do my drudgework but the creative work is not coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Farewell, Sweet Duncan. May flights of feline angels yowl you to your rest.

Condolences, Tiana. You expect to outlive a cat, but you still miss them when they go. Bless you for taking an older cat. Animals, like humans, are much harder to get adopted when they are older.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of Duncan. I've been meaning to try out some maps to use the assets posted on CG, so I will hope to include him.
    Farewell indeed. A damn good cat. I'm sure he's a tiger in heaven now, fierce and huge and free. I have never heard of a cat being so well behaved so I'm kinda terrified of what cat the second will look like but hopefully his spirit will guide me to another gentle loving cat who will thrive in my quiet home. I knew I would outlive him, yes. That was never in question in my mind, what a tragedy had it been the other way. I selected an adult for that very reason and likely as not I will be adopting another adult cat... possibly today. D: I got to hold a friend's cat earlier but Ima need my cat fix again soon! I had it in my mind that I would adopt an adult or senior black cat (since I know they are the least likely to be adopted), but the way he went and immediately hid under the cage when I let him out and we had to like, try lure him out before we got in trouble for letting the cat out freely, well, that spoke to me. I was like, "this is my cat. He hates being here. He will terrify the mice."

I met a super friendly black cat on my previous visit but she shows so well I think she's already been adopted, and well, I'm more inclined to adopt a cat that doesn't show well... someone who's gonna be left behind if I don't say, "hey you hate everything about this onslaught of visitors touching and poking you, you're perfect!"

There are some contenders. My best friend has found the UGLIEST cat. It's amazing how ugly she is. It just makes me laugh thinking about how awful she looks. Like you see Duncan and you're like "aww there's a dignified old man cat" and you see this cat and you're like "OH THAT FACE o_o" and there are some sibling pairs too, we'll see. If I adopted a kid it would be a non-baby as well, some kid that made me go "damnit you need a home you might as well just live with me", someone who feels like a reject. Like, all right, take me to your quiet artist in the corner with the books who doesn't think anyone wants them because they're old and not cute, I'll take that kid, I don't want a baby.

Good luck making some maps! Thanks for the kind words!

Sorry about Duncan passing. Your description sounds very much like the way my wife's cat passed last year. The vet said it was congestive heart failure, it is common and not readily treatable. I will find a map to include him in for you.

Name:	Duncan's Rest.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	856.6 KB 
ID:	120285
    Last edited by Bogie; 02-10-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Thanks for the kind words. Aww, my poor huge boy. That is about how big he is... ROFL... he was a long cat. Thanks for including him!

Yes, I feel in a small way it's important to be forthright about the realities of death so that people might notice it in their own pets before it is too late. This was my first cat and I didn't notice the signs he was sick as clearly as I hoped. Very subtle before that point if he was suffering. It may very well have been congestive heart failure, it struck me as precisely how I've seen many adults die of organ failure in long term care. I might die like that. Could be way worse.

NEW CATS HAVE BEEN ACQUIRED. Her Highness Princess Leia is tiny and white and 10 years old, and just had 6 teeth removed and will need regular dental attention but is a sweetheart. She's a keeper. She can fit in my lap, unlike Duncan! This is new! Scaredy cat Harry/Chewy/Simba has got a bit of a Gandalf situation going on with his name (maybe we'll call him Gandalf), 3, is huge, gray, and VERY fluffy also, and unwilling to move from approximately a square meter of the basement. We'll see if he can adjust, if not he probably needs a one cat home. I luff him, the giant fluffball that he is but I am worried he won't adapt, and he's far more 'adoptable' than her Highness. It is extremely likely she will live with us until she dies. I will have to try get pictures, but that will be once fluffy nugget stops hiding in the most shadowy corner.

In the meantime I am trying to make cremation arrangements and acquire everything I need to make a memorial resin pendant, potentially creating an entire secondary career path for myself.

And now I feel like a jerk for only being sad, so here are a few of the assets I was making out of Pixabay free for all use no credit required stock.

Tea cup, lid, tool box, wheelbarrow, cigarette sign, wheel.

Name:	tea in fancy china.png 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	120288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tea with lemon.png 
Size:	1,008.5 KB 
ID:	120289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tin container.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	120290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tin cup.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	120291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tool box, wood.png 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	120292Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upside down wheelbarrow.png 
Size:	6.47 MB 
ID:	120293Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vintage cigarette sign.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	120294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wagon wheel.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	631.0 KB 
ID:	120295

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast