Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Various Maps

Default Star Wars Various Maps

So I'm running a Star Wars game for some friends of mine and I've gotten more serious about improving as a map maker, probably because we are running it through Roll20 on a TV so that players can see the maps and I don't want to take my players out of the immersion because of quick crappy sketches that I've used for a while now. Instead of just popping up things where I think they might go I'm going to put stuff here because I am looking for feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Some of the things I'll post here will be rough sketches and some will be my attempts to color them in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cliffside Encampment C .jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	118219

Name:	Emperor's Fortress c.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	118220

Name:	Hoth Base 1 c.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	118221

Name:	Hoth Base 2 c.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	964.2 KB 
ID:	118222

i'm digging the addition of colour! seems like things are going along swimmingly

Quote Originally Posted by DrWho42 View Post
    i'm digging the addition of colour! seems like things are going along swimmingly
    I'm working on it. The other maps on here have really given me some great ideas on how to use colors. Still have to figure out brushes.... and stop coloring the wrong layer for 30 minutes!

The Hoth base looks quite on brand for a meld of SW with AD&D, well done. The color is an excellent addition.

I always turn my layer off and on again to check before I start due to having messed up layers severely before. It's a habit you'll definitely notice in my screen recordings, every once in a while I'll pause and double check it's the right layer by toggling it on and off.

Brushes depend on what program you're in.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    The Hoth base looks quite on brand for a meld of SW with AD&D, well done. The color is an excellent addition.

I always turn my layer off and on again to check before I start due to having messed up layers severely before. It's a habit you'll definitely notice in my screen recordings, every once in a while I'll pause and double check it's the right layer by toggling it on and off.

Brushes depend on what program you're in.
    Thank you very much. I'm still working on getting more and more of a SW feel to the maps that I'm making. I'm considering that a fair amount of that might be from the various details that are included in the map. For the software I'm using photoshop cs6 and I just keep tweaking brushes fairly constantly. I like the last one I did so I'll probably be using a bit more here and there.

I'll have to remember the on and off trick... Wait did you also just fix my router?

Still having problems with craters!!!!

Name:	Abandoned Rebel Base C.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	118229

Aw, you're pretty close on the craters though, just add some more lines sticking out of them and a few more ziggy bits instead of the gaps and they look great! They're just not quite 'finished' yet but the shape's there and the essence of them is there.

Name:	morecrater.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	632.8 KB 
ID:	118230

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.

Thank you!!!

Name:	Rebel Base LG c.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	118281

An attempt at a double sized map. They seemed to match up pretty well I think. Not sure about my color choices though.

If there's a seam I am not noticing it. The colors are fine to me. You would get more of the 'computer screen glow' if you did it digitally as 'overlay' rather than watercolor, that might be what's throwing you off, the expectation of the luminescence that's not going to be present in the gentler media? This one is really scratching my 'Star Wars' itch though, that bay of x-wings is delightful.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast