Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sundown - by Arsheesh

That's really awesome!

Congrats Arsheesh, and about time!

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I love the general feel, wonderful colors, and especially the sloping mountains is something I really enjoy! Great work (and it has to be a lot of work)! =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

WOW. I love everything about this, from the soothing palette to the inspired "feature" insets. Nice work!

Praise

This map caught my eye in the current voting. I love the perspective and how these magnifier-like vignettes at the borders support the whole setting. The perspective feels immersive to me because of these rocks in the foreground, and the lines leading the eye right into the heart of the map. Beautiful!

Thank you very much Yrda (and everyone else as well). A great deal of time was spent on getting the design of those insets just right for my client. And the perspective was a fun challenge to tackle as well. I appreciate everyone's kind feedback on this piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Congrats Arsheesh!

I have been admiring you from afar for three years. I would also probably sell you one of my children to know your secrets of how you do your water currents, that almost airy streams within the ocean that you do on so many of your maps, Makes your oceans dreamy. Spent a week in February trying to figure it out, wet texture or mist cloud brush, deal with a devil? You're just magic, congrats again!

Absolutely stunning map right there. I love the way that the mountains hug the land that you've so carefully created and detailed. I love the small, fine additions you added to make it seem so incredibly 'alive' and informative. Especially with the take-outs from the locations to give a bit of a more in-depth impression. Well deserved. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Wait, what?! Wow, thanks everyone! I've been away from the Guild for a couple of weeks - feverishly working to finish up some projects - and had no idea about this award. What a wonderful surprise this is, I'm incredibly honored.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    This is wonderful stuff, Arsheesh. The border decoration is utterly charming; really adds to the sense of the place. I've joined up after a long time lurking to post a ridiculously ambitious paid mapmaking gig - this style is something that I'd love to see on offer! If you're available or have any recommendations/advice that'd be ace

Default Amazing

Amazing pallets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast