Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sundown - by Arsheesh

To everyone I've not yet responded to, thank you for the kind words, and I apologize for the delay; I'm afraid I'm not around these days as much as I'd like to be.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverfalln View Post
    Congrats Arsheesh!

I have been admiring you from afar for three years. I would also probably sell you one of my children to know your secrets of how you do your water currents, that almost airy streams within the ocean that you do on so many of your maps, Makes your oceans dreamy. Spent a week in February trying to figure it out, wet texture or mist cloud brush, deal with a devil? You're just magic, congrats again!
    Well don't go selling your kids on my account, but thanks very much for the kind words. Right, so I'm still playing around with how best to represent waves and water-currents, but here's my current technique. First I use a larger grunge brush or fuzzy round brush set to lower opacity and make several passes, building up lighter tones where I want the contours of the waves/current to be. Next I add a finishing layer of paint with a smaller fuzzy round brush set to higher opacity. This finer line helps to define crest of the wave. Finally, just in back of the wave, or to either side of a ripple etc. I add a slightly darker area of shadow (again with either a larger grunge or fuzzy round brush set to low opacity). It should also be noted that in the case of oceans and large bodies of water prior to any of this I will have created a division between deep and shallow water by using a combination of large grunge brushes and fuzzy round brushes set to low opacity to build up lighter tones nearer to the shore line. Hope this is of some use to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GammaPSCS View Post
    Absolutely stunning map right there. I love the way that the mountains hug the land that you've so carefully created and detailed. I love the small, fine additions you added to make it seem so incredibly 'alive' and informative. Especially with the take-outs from the locations to give a bit of a more in-depth impression. Well deserved. :-)
    Thanks very much GammaPSCS, that pleases me to here.

Quote Originally Posted by HairySammoth View Post
    This is wonderful stuff, Arsheesh. The border decoration is utterly charming; really adds to the sense of the place. I've joined up after a long time lurking to post a ridiculously ambitious paid mapmaking gig - this style is something that I'd love to see on offer! If you're available or have any recommendations/advice that'd be ace
    Thanks Hairy and welcome to the Guild! Unfortunately at the moment my commission schedule is filled for the remainder of the year, however as you've probably discovered by now the Guild contains a veritable embarrassment of riches when it comes to skilled artists. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend placing an add in the Map Requests section. I wish you all the best in finding the right artist for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by caslumali View Post
    Amazing pallets
    Thanks very much!

Probably the most aesthetic cartographic curves I've ever laid my eyes upon

Praise

This map is so gorgeous that it made me register for the website.

Default Using this someday

I am going to "steal" (meaning use) this map for some Homebrew game someday. It just begs for some sort of history and background.

Default Beautiful Crater Valley!

I am new to making maps, but I aspire to be able to make something so creative and beautiful one day!

Thank you for sharing your inspiring map.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123