Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse's stuff

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks great!

Very Nice! Keep'em coming!

This is looking great, Mouse! You achieved something very cool with those vibrant colors.

Looking forward to see more or the stuff you'll post here !

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Good start to this thread, looking forward to what else you have to show us
    Thanks, QED

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    This looks really good Sue ! Very soothing colors, it's easy to the eye. One comment I'd have would be a little bit more spacing for the terrain symbols but it's most definitely a matter of personal taste Hope to see more !
    Thank you, Thomas!

Everything is as close as I could make it to the original 18th century map. And sorry, I kind of let you down on that last count.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    So good to see you around, Mouse, especially with something that cool ! There's definitely a good feeling there !
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Looks great!
    Thank you, Sapiento

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    This is looking great, Mouse! You achieved something very cool with those vibrant colors.

Looking forward to see more or the stuff you'll post here !
    Thank you so much, Ilanthar!

I'm working on something even bigger than this right now. It will be a while in coming, but I hope it will be worth the wait.

I've done a few more things since the Ferraris Style, so here are a few more maps for you

This is a working map I created while I was developing the "Spectrum Overland" mapping style, the first part of which was published as the July issue of the 202 Cartographer's Annual here . Part 2 is due in November. For non-CC3 mappers, Profantasy's Cartographer's Annuals can be purchased complete at the end of the year for use in any app capable of importing png assets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annual Spectrum Overland - example 1.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	5.47 MB 
ID:	124047

I've also started experimenting with dungeon mapping, so here we have a couple of maps I've done over the last few months.

Please don't post any solutions to the maze. That kind of spoils the fun for anyone who finds this thread afterwards. Thanks

The rules of the maze are: You can travel in either direction, but you can only cross the lava on the bridges provided. Avoid the Spider Hole ventilation shaft. It goes to the centre of the planet and its sides are obsidian (volcanic glass). One slip there and you're dead!

Name:	0514.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	124049

If anyone is interested in this as a dungeon map I can provide links to hi res copies hosted on the Profantasy server. There are 4 versions: this one with and without grid, and a blank version without furniture and blank spaces to add your own details, with and without grid.

Name:	0703.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	5.73 MB 
ID:	124050
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-24-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Always good to see you around, Mouse !
    I love the first map, but mazes are always fascinating and bring me back to my childhood. 'love the little backstory and additional rules for this one ! ^^

Hello Misty!

Thank you very much. I enjoyed creating it.

Oh, where to start!

Sorry it's been so long, guys. I know I've been a bad friend just lately and not come round to see you all, but I have been seriously busy for several months.

I've not really done very much mapping, but I've done a lot of asset work for Profantasy. I finished the Spectrum Overland style, which is published as 2 parts of this year's Cartographer's Annual. I've also done a connecting cliff symbol set for another issue of the same annual. This is one of the example maps I did for that. The cliffs appear along the line you draw on the map, and can be used in most of the existing city styles - in this case the base map is in the Jon Robert's City style, which is now part of the default CC3 style set.

Name:	Jon Roberts with cliffs.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	125791

I'm working on another overland style for next year. This is the 'thinking out loud' stage for what will eventually become "Grimdark Fantasy"... unless it turns out differently and gets renamed in the meantime. Only a few hours work on it yet

Name:	Grimdark Fantasy example 1 1500.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	644.6 KB 
ID:	125797

Guild Artisan

Very Nice! The cliffs look great. Good to see your work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kier View Post
    Very Nice! The cliffs look great. Good to see your work again.
    Thank you very much, Kier. Nice to see you are still around too

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast