Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse's stuff

Hey Mouse!

Glad you've checked in with us, and it's great to hear that you're busy with ProFantasy work. I love what you're doing. The city map particularly looks great. I'm a big fan of grimdark fantasy, so interested to see where you go with that.

Don't be a stranger!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hey Mouse!

Glad you've checked in with us, and it's great to hear that you're busy with ProFantasy work. I love what you're doing. The city map particularly looks great. I'm a big fan of grimdark fantasy, so interested to see where you go with that.

Don't be a stranger!
    Aw thank you, Chickpea

I will try to be a more frequent visitor in the future.
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-01-2020 at 02:12 PM.

"Meownar Bridge" Those styles are looking great. The overland one looks very cohesive so far.

Of course we're also really glad to see you around again Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    "Meownar Bridge" Those styles are looking great. The overland one looks very cohesive so far.

Of course we're also really glad to see you around again Mouse.
    LOL! I know. I just couldn't resist it once the name popped into my head. I'm glad to see it can make other people smile too.

Thank you very much - and I'm very pleased to see so many of my old friends are still around

Hey Mouse! Good to see you. Love the cliffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Hey Mouse! Good to see you. Love the cliffs!
    Hey Bogie!

Great to hear from you too!

And thank you very much

Blog Entries

Whenever I see one of your CC3 maps I keep having to reevaluate my expectations of CC3. You seem to push that app waay further than anyone else can manage. These maps look just great and almost as though they were done on photoshop. I expect that Jon Roberts was using photoshop and if you can match his style then your doing very well indeed.

I'll have to second Red on that one. I usually don't pay too much mind to CC3 maps, they are not really my cup of tea, but yours are certainly an exception and a big one at that. Nice to see you're still around!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Whenever I see one of your CC3 maps I keep having to reevaluate my expectations of CC3. You seem to push that app waay further than anyone else can manage. These maps look just great and almost as though they were done on photoshop. I expect that Jon Roberts was using photoshop and if you can match his style then your doing very well indeed.
    Thank you very much

I think I would be dead chuffed with myself if I could draw as well as JR. What you see in that top map is a standard CC3 map that was made using the bitmap fills and symbols drawn by Jon Roberts and published by Profantasy a few years back now. The cliffs are the only bit I can claim as my own artwork. I have another map here made with the default City Designer 3 Bitmap B style with the same cliff set (a colour variant of it)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Varon rock Limestone cliffs.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	125818

With CC3 there is (I am told) a steep learning curve. I think it really depends on what your personal expectations are since I never really had that much of a problem. It's a very powerful and versatile app, so there's a lot to learn and I expected to have to learn it. That was ok for me. Other people have different views (and if you think about it, it would be really creepy if they didn't!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I'll have to second Red on that one. I usually don't pay too much mind to CC3 maps, they are not really my cup of tea, but yours are certainly an exception and a big one at that. Nice to see you're still around!
    Hey Kellerica!

Thank you!

I see you are using Affinity Designer these days. I'm using Designer and Photo to make new styles for CC3. I haven't got around to making a whole map in Affinity yet, but I probably will eventually. What do you think of it? Is it as good as PS? I don't know, you see. I never even tried PS.
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-02-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast