Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse's stuff

Default Mouse's stuff

Hi Guys!

These days I don't do a lot of maps because I'm generally working on new assets for other mappers, which I greatly enjoy doing. So instead of struggling to turn out lots of maps at the same time I thought I would start a new thread to bundle all the stuff (the bit I can show you anyway) in one place.

First up is the current project - the Ferraris style, which I've been working on for a couple of months, and which is due to be published in February by Profantasy as part of their 2020 Cartographer's Annual.

The original Ferraris map was commissioned by Prince Charles Alexander of Lorraine and created by the count Joseph de Ferraris between 1770 and 1778. It is believed that one of Napoleon's generals had a copy of this map during the Napoleonic wars.

So the task I set myself was to capture the mapping style used by the Ferraris cartographers in a set of textures and symbols. The example map for this new style is nearly complete. I've done the textures and set up the CC3 sheet effects (akin to layer effects in other apps). Now I only have to work on the symbols - Perch archery poles, weirs, locks, fords, bridges and such.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Village of Greythorne.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	119445

All comments welcome

Nice! I especially enjoy the inner city area for some reason - very simple, yet beautiful. I think you've captured the Ferraris feel rather nicely. Nice to see you popping in even for a bit. We miss you around here.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks, Kellerica

I miss you guys too!

It looks pretty close to the original style.

Coming from you, Azélor that's a great compliment. Thank you!

Wow that's really nice Mouse. I like the style a lot.

Thanks Falconius

I would love to take credit for the design, but its 250 years old and not my own. I can only take credit for engineering the CC3 version and dreaming up an imaginary place to illustrate it's use.

Good start to this thread, looking forward to what else you have to show us

This looks really good Sue ! Very soothing colors, it's easy to the eye. One comment I'd have would be a little bit more spacing for the terrain symbols but it's most definitely a matter of personal taste Hope to see more !

So good to see you around, Mouse, especially with something that cool ! There's definitely a good feeling there !

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast