View Poll Results: Which of the following matches clostest to how you feel about the rep system ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • It works great as is and I dont see a problem with it.

2 6.90%
  • I like the idea of rep but it needs a bit of tweaking.

20 68.97%
  • I have never been bothered by rep and I ignore it.

2 6.90%
  • The rep system in its current form needs a complete overhaul to make it work.

4 13.79%
  • I dont like any form of rep system nor do I approve of the idea of it.

1 3.45%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What should we do about Rep ?

Blog Entries

Thanks guys - here's what I get so you can all see what I mean about the disapprove. This sounds like a non issue then as no CL would give negative rep.

I am on my laptop with smaller screen but its also interesting that were both not seeing the extra dark bit with the rep bar that you are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GuildRepScreenie.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	120909  

Sorry! I should have stated that mine was a manipulation, showing how a 120px avatar with a "half empty" rep bar could look like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yrda View Post
    Sorry! I should have stated that mine was a manipulation, showing how a 120px avatar with a "half empty" rep bar could look like.
    Ok.

Well I just modded the option for your avatar pics. Now you can have up to 160x120 or 409600 bytes max. It was 80x80 with 102400 bytes. So if you have a higher res copy of your avatar then re-upload a new bigger one.

Blog Entries

Just modded the rep bars. There used to be 10 of them. It seemed from the code that the first 5 dark ones were for 100 rep each and the latter bright ones were for 200 pts each - you can clearly see how the person who coded the rep system intended the max rep to be about 1500. Well now the first 10 bars are dark at 1000 pts each and then the next 10 bright bars are for 5000 pts each.

Edit: I should also add that its rounded up so if you have 1pt of rep you have 1 bar and 1001 and you have two bars etc.

Also, there was a bug in the original code where the number of bars was not correct for some cases and could lead to them going down as you hit 500 pts because it was then scaling the dark bars to 200 as well as the light ones. Never noticed that before tho and its fixed now.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-16-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Ah, this makes sense.

About the avatar: I just checked it out and uploaded a bigger image. In the settings it still says I can only use avatars that are 80x80 /100kb.
    I uploaded a 120x120px avatar and it was scaled down. Maybe something about the user rights/roles?

Works for me, I uploaded a rather big one (about 500 px), and it has been scaled down to the new limit numbers. So, yeah, maybe a question of rights?

And thanks for the changes & work on the topic, Red !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yrda View Post
    About the avatar: I just checked it out and uploaded a bigger image. In the settings it still says I can only use avatars that are 80x80 /100kb.
    I uploaded a 120x120px avatar and it was scaled down. Maybe something about the user rights/roles?
    Appologies - there was another group to mod. Try again now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Works for me, I uploaded a rather big one (about 500 px), and it has been scaled down to the new limit numbers. So, yeah, maybe a question of rights?

And thanks for the changes & work on the topic, Red !
    No probs - I note that you have still maxed out the new rep bar ! 60,000 is the max for the bar now. Its not going to line up with someone who has a 160x120 avatar tho. I hope that this bar does not spill over to the next line for some people. I expect that the original devs for it tested it much better than I have !

By Redrobes
    No probs - I note that you have still maxed out the new rep bar ! 60,000 is the max for the bar now. Its not going to line up with someone who has a 160x120 avatar tho. I hope that this bar does not spill over to the next line for some people. I expect that the original devs for it tested it much better than I have !
    yes indeed!
    Well, I just checked for J.Edward, it doesn't spill over.

@Redrobes

Yup, now it says
    "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 160 by 120 pixels or 400.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Thank you!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast