Thread: About the subscription / support settings - text is not readable

Default About the subscription / support settings - text is not readable

I was curious and had a look at the "Support the Guild" menu, where I can choose a support level. Honestly I'm not a subscription person, but I might think about a one time payment eventually.
    But:
    In the dropdown menus I can't read what I get for these prices. Because the background is light grey with yellow (I guess) text.

This is how it looks in my browser:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invisible.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	120917

Is this a problem only I have, or do you see that too? I'm using Firefox on Windows 10. I guess people would be more likely to support the Guild if they see what they are buying.

Blog Entries

I have just been through all of the settings and I cant find the voodoo to make the colors better. Attached below is a contrast enhanced version of the menu. It matches up with the text which is pretty readable. Note that the options with a * are recurring - see the bit of text at the bottom. So you can have the annual payment recurring or not as you see fit or a regular monthly payment.

If anybody has an issue with their subscription durations and interval then I can sort them out from the guilds perspective but I don't have any access at all to the payment system such as paypal etc (I don't see the money !). If you have an issue with something specific to payments from paypal etc then please PM the main site owner and admin "Robbie" see the "Quick Links" menu at the top / "View Site Leaders".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PaidSubscription.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	120918  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-17-2020 at 09:06 PM.

No, it happens for me too. It'd be fixable in the CSS by changing two lines.

I found the controls for that color region under

main-rollup.css1
    .textbox, textarea, select

Change the background color to white and the text color to black.

I suspect it's part of an add-on and not in the forum backend, which will be built to control a vanilla vb forum.

The text that is hidden is just the categories and once you move to the Paypal screen you'd see it there too.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Did you fix this yet? I use a dark theme and I'm seeing this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200318_080058.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	120919

Obviously that's pretty clear and readable, but I'm not sure if it's my theme, or if you actually fixed the problem!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

No, it doesn't seem to be fixed yet. I already cleared the cache and reloaded to check it. But I use the default theme.

I think the dark theme comes from your operating system, rather than the browser or the Guild's web page (at least, I think so!) I use a dark theme on Kubuntu, and I believe that's where the dark background is coming from. I suspect most people will be using a light theme so it's definitely an issue that needs looked at.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"