Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lovecraftian Adventure - Farrow Mansion

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Really impressive project here and the resource list quite impressive on top of that.

Thanks Bogie and Arimel

I have probably 3 more pieces to the project that need to be finished for it to be fully "complete," but the house, at least, is done.

I put the resource list in there so anyone who likes something in there can go get it themselves, plus I like to give credit because I couldn't have made it without the awesome elements.

Wip 3rd Floor with roof included...thoughts?

After some playing around, I decided to make a version with the roof included to better match the other two maps. I'm not entirely sold on this version of it. It might be because I found it difficult to vary the roof texture and create depth. Any suggestions or thoughts on that would be appreciated. I tried some shadowing layers under each roof section, but I'm not entirely satisfied with that.

***attributions are the same as previous 3rd floor map***

special attribution thank you to the Vintyri Project collection of mapping elements for the roof textures that were fun to play with

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Farrow Mansion - 3rd Floor - all layers - roof finished - compressed.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	129438

Wip The last pieces of the adventure...

Hello all!

I am updating this thread with the last few maps for this adventure to finally happen. Weird to think I'll actually be done with this project, but a good feeling overall.

The last set begins with an outside view of the house with the grounds that I feel pretty good about. My digital painting will always need some work, but I'm happy with how it turned out. The roofs are a bit monotonous in places, but I think the effect of showing the odd hodgepodge of elevations and bits of the house is worth some sameness in the tiling. I tried my best to add a "fog" effect to the map as an overlay, let me know what you think. Also, if anyone is interested in the graves/tombs at the top of the map I can post those up sometime.

*Attributions:

- Bogie: barrels on the back left deck

- J Owen: wood pattern

- Vintyri Project: roof tiles

Name:	Farrow Mansion - Grounds - WIP.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	132033

Next we have the first of two underground maps. This is part of the story I wrote, but doesn't bear any resemblance to the other maps in this set. For completeness I wanted to put them up here with the rest of the house. This map is the entrance to the catacombs from the mausoleum on the lower left of the grounds from the map above. I wanted an earthy, hand-hewn feel for this one. A huge thank you to Kier for putting up the rocks and pebbles so that I could spend hours rearranging various piles of them to make all of the debris. Not sure if I did the water on the left of the map well, but I think it reads as water.

*Attributions:

- Bogie: crates, barrels, crystal ball, mug, pot, sword, small chest

- Neyjour: fungi/mushrooms, shovels, vases, empty holes, tiling in the big sarcophagus room

- Probono (PB): scrolls, rock slab

- Caeora: lovecraftian idol

- Supercaptain: potion bottles

Name:	Farrow Mansion - Catacombs - WIP.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	132034

Lastly, we have the end of the adventure and personally the most difficult map for me because I had to try a lot of new things. The ritual chamber is supposed to have an energy beam opening a portal on an old stone monolith. I don't like color or lighting effects because I'm bad at them, but I gave it go here. For this I wanted partly natural cave elements mixed with a huge stone structure.

*Attributions:

- Bogie: crystal ball

Name:	Farrow Mansion - Catacombs - Ritual Chamber - Final WIP.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	132035

See you on the other side of the glowing yellow door!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345