Thread: Starfinder - Absalom Station

Default Starfinder - Absalom Station

This containement period has probably led many of us to go back to stuff that we don't have the time for usually, including cartography

As we started to play Starfinder, a futuristic RPG based on D&D game system, with some friends like one year ago, I decided to try mapping the Absalom station.
    Althrough the universe is well described, everything is not in agreement with our view of what should be this futuristic environment, so we changed many things.

In our view, Absalom station is a very big round spaceport (something like 30-40 km diameter). According to the official description, at the top center of the station stands the "Eye", a kind of bubble that holds an earth-like futuristic city surrounded by a lake and vegetation). I try to stick with this idea as much as possible while increasing the official distances (even if it’s not detailed in the best of my knowledges, but it exists an official map of the Station where the Eye seems much smaller). Outside this structure are internal districts, with spaceports on the borders.

I started by the center of the station, namely "the Eye". Even there, I started by the center of the Eye. The official illustration of the Station let think that this center is a bit elevated compared with the rest of "the Eye". Thus I tried to delineate this elevated center, but I'm still not sure about the feeling it gives.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	centre_oeil.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	121643

The red dots (the stations) and lines represents a kind of subway to travel across the city.
    The blue buildings are both official structures and other important buildings that we add.

Default Awesome map of the Eye

Hello there!

That's just awesome map you have drawn there. I have recently started to DM (or is it Star mastering in this case, though SM might be misunderstood..) a campaing for my friends and often search for different ideas of maps etc. This really hit the spot in detail and on idea level. Futuristic, huge space station for sure needs to have some public transportation system and also all the necessary services: energy, water, food, sewage,...

Would you happen to have some other similar maps of the station available?