Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Advice for Realistic Cave Planning

@XCali haha good spotting, They are not supposed to be names at all; they are markers for story states. Heaven and hell basically refer to things being 'Their worst' and 'their best' in the ongoing story of a man trying to escape said caves. They unspecifically denote chapters will be centered around, but I probly wont keep heaven and hell as chapter names, a bit on the nose. If you have any ideas for chapter names I'm all about it though, names as important as those warrant a second opinion anyhow. But this was mostly an exercise for story planning is all. very hard to have a character navigate a constient underground space without planning it out.

Guild Member Facebook Connected sarawinter's Avatar

Hi there

I'm also writing a story with a cave (and dwarf mine) as one of the central places. I understand what you mean with making the space consistent, that's really important - and dang difficult to do if all you have is text.

A tip for thinking of names for chapters is to use a phrase from your own text that exists in the chapter. That of course requires that you have written the text. I usually go back and figure out what I want the title to be after I'm done writing, and have a placeholder name (like you have) until I find something suitable.

If you want some inspiration for your map, you can check out my attempt at making (a fairly simple) isometric map here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=43410

Question Cave Design

@Miseratum

Hi there! I am currently working on recreating a cave in 3D and came across your draft in this thread for your own project. Really nice work, is it possible you may be willing to share any newer versions with me to draw inspiration from for my own project?

Will patiently await your reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12