Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotating equirectangular maps (G'mic script, GIMP and Krita) + Sinusoidal projection

Quote Originally Posted by Naeddyr View Post
    I actually did it!

Turns out that if you create the kind of combined rotation matrix I used in the script, if you do the multiplications of the individual rotation matrices in "the wrong" order you get different results that do the rotations in different orders. So if you multiply Yaw and Pitch and then Roll you get the "reversion" matrix to the one I used in the script, and I was able to pretty easily plug it in... Except it took me half an hour figuring out the exact if-statement syntax in the script, before noticing I should have been trying to figure out the other kind of if-statement syntax, half an hour more figuring out the other kind of if-syntax again and after debugging by putting minus signs in front of every single alpha, beta and gamma in the else-branch formulas, bob's your uncle!

I left a gui toggle in the Rotate Equirectangular Map script only, because the other scripts don't really need this functionality that much. With the same values (do not turn the angles negative) just click on Revert and you should get the same rotations as before the first transformation. Of course the distortions on the edges are really bad, but that's life.

https://pastebin.com/NKN9VEE4
    Thanks man, you're a hero!

I'm having trouble with the message client, it shows zero sent messages. Maybe I don't have sending privs yet?
    So here is my solution to Naeddyr's excellent gmic script:

Naeddiyr's G'mic plugin is a joy to work with. No more going back and forth with other applications.

The file downloads just fine. It doesn't run unless the following edits are made.

PROBLEM-1:
    ~/.gmic file is ignored by gimp

FIX:
    In ~/.gmic, Find and Replace all (127 of them)
    #@gui >> #@gimp

PROBLEM-2:
    Opening an equirectangular image and applying "Rotate Equirectangular Map" in any or no axis leads to this error window message-
    *** Error in ./rotate_equirectangular_map/*
    *** Unknown filename 'keep[-1]'. *

FIX:
    In ~/.gmic,
    LINE 122 -- changed "keep[-1]" to "-keep[-1]"
    LINE 197 -- changed "keep[-1]" to "-keep[-1]"

The lines look like this:

--- Keep the last (. = [-1] image index) image generated
    +++ -Keep the last (. = [-1] image index) image generated

That pesky minus sign is missing from the "keep" filename.

Now it works like a charm.

Thank you Naeddyr.
    -- Molly J

Blog Entries

I am not sure about the private message sent items. If you look at your Settings and then General Settings there are some options. One is titled: "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" which I thought was On by default so you should get a copy in the sent items.

Perhaps you have only just broken through the 5 post limit where you get to send PM's. I thought that before this point it would not have allowed you to even send one. But maybe the contact the guild counts as a PM for the purposes of the count.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyJ View Post
    That pesky minus sign is missing from the "keep" filename.

Now it works like a charm.

Thank you Naeddyr.
    -- Molly J
    Thanks for the bugfixes! I will check them out later this week and apply them. I haven't been working on this so every single thing I knew about gmic scripting is *poof* gone, just like that, so I'm happy if other people want to join in on the fun.

I can't reproduce any bugs you are experiencing in the script (ie. "it's working on my end"), and when I apply your fixes it breaks on my side, but this kind of big discrepancy is because I'm using an older version of G'Mic-QT for gimp... But I can't even figure out how to update it. It's always the same thing, months away from the "where the f do I put this file???" googling and carousel with the plugin files etc. and I forget everything.

I think I might be using a version from the Ubuntu repos, because the plugin file is in /usr/lib/, not ~/.config where I'd usually put... But then again, I have the G'Mic download file in my download folder from my previous attempt?? and where the hell does this .so.3 file go???

I am feeling like I have regressed into a jacquard-hating luddite peasant and want to kind of burn modern society down so that we can do without computers.

I'll put a link to your post for those who are experiencing problems, and an alternative file. May history condemn those who created programming.

Thank you for writing the rotator plugin script, it is very convenient to stay in gimp when touching up planet maps.

I am starting the tutorials for gmic scripting available at gmic.eu,
    Do you have any advice? or maybe links to helpful resources?

regarding the bug fix:
    I suspect that both gmic and gimp have become less tolerant of sintax variations.
    here are my versions:

molly@Aspire:~/Desktop$ gimp --version
    GNU Image Manipulation Program version 2.8.22
    molly@Aspire:~/Desktop$ gmic --version
    Version 1.7.9, Copyright (c) 2008-2016, David Tschumperle.
    molly@Aspire:~/Desktop$

Molly-J

Default Integration in official G'MIC filters

Hello Kristian, Molly.J and everyone,

I'm David Tschumperlé, the main developer of the G'MIC software and I only came across your filters today.
    This is really interesting, and it would be great to add this "Map Projection" category directly to the official G'MIC filters, to avoid an additional setup phase and give everyone easy access to it.

As I have the impression that this is not a problem for you, I'll try to do it today.
    Please let me know if you have any problems with that!

If it works as planned, and if you agree, we can advertise these new filters on G'MIC's X and Mastodon accounts.

For the moment, I have 3 different files for the filter definitions, may I assume Molly's version is the latest one ?

Thanks again for these wonderful filters!

Default Integration in official G'MIC filters (continued)

I've worked this morning on your filter code, to make it a bit shorter / cleaner and to allow the processing of multiple input layers when necessary.
    The filters are now available for all G'MIC users (v.3.3.4+), after pressing the "Filter Update" button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	122b2d3e3c37f356d036bb9c91849cf758271399.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	137178

If you want me to add credits or put a link to your page, please let me know.
    Your filters are pretty cool, thanks again!

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming on to our forum and making these filters available in the G'Mic. Also thanks Naeddyr and to MollyJ for supplying the code, time and energy to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dtschump View Post
    I've worked this morning on your filter code, to make it a bit shorter / cleaner and to allow the processing of multiple input layers when necessary.
    The filters are now available for all G'MIC users (v.3.3.4+), after pressing the "Filter Update" button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	122b2d3e3c37f356d036bb9c91849cf758271399.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	137178

If you want me to add credits or put a link to your page, please let me know.
    Your filters are pretty cool, thanks again!
    This is very cool. Is this live on G'MIC now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast