Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1920 Europa - Uchronia

You have a very beautiful drawing style. I am most impressed with the clean linework, and the tidy handwriting!
    I'm keeping an eye on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Corilliant View Post
    You have a very beautiful drawing style. I am most impressed with the clean linework, and the tidy handwriting!
    I'm keeping an eye on this one!
    Thank you for the support and for the rep! My objective is to post WIP every three days, keep me drawing forward to the end!

WIP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deutsches Reich.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	126307

DEUTSCHES REICH

The German Empire is the first military power in Europe. The alliance of the various German and Prussian provinces in a unified empire makes it one of the most powerful nations of this begin of the century.

Imperial Chancellor Von Zeppelin, inventor of the airship of the same name, sits in Berlin, the capital. A great inventor, Von Zeppelin also developed a model of a smaller coal engine, which allows the boarding in a heavily armed metal shell.

A country of industries and military innovations, The Empire is careful to remain a potential threat to its neighbors.

New progress on this map with the German Empire.

Just passing by to say I LOVE this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Just passing by to say I LOVE this series.
    Thank you very much Ilanthar! Your support keeps me even more motivate to draw this map!

WIP:

Name:	Osterreich-Magyar Monarchia.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	126367

OSTERREICH-MAGYAR MONARCHIA

Following the Sarajevo event in 1906, Austria accuses Hungary of not mastering the Slavic revolts, and questions the 1867 compromise. The Double Monarchy still exists, but Austria leads the council.

The official name OSTERREICH-MAGYAR MONARCHIA was adopted in January 1907.
    Vienna is its capital, at the top of modernity: The March 1904 fire which destroyed half of the city, finally allowed reconstruction with the best modern techniques.

Developed by Emil Skoda, a steam cable car links Prague to Belgrade via Vienna and Budapest.
    The court of Vienna supports unprecedented cultural expansion: Skoda creates the “Kulturwagen”, mobile arts education schools that roam the countryside from Bohemia to Serbia. The greatest representatives of this cultural crusade are Otto Wagner, Hermann Broch, Gustav Klimt, Sigmund Freud or Stefan Zweig.

Oh ! I followed the progress on this one on Instagram and totally missed it was here as well. Good job on it, once again !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Oh ! I followed the progress on this one on Instagram and totally missed it was here as well. Good job on it, once again !
    Thank you very much Beee!

A small week of sickness slow the progress, but I started again yesterday:

WIP:

Name:	Repubbliche Marinare.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	126726

UNIONE DELLE REPUBBLICHE MARINARE

The fragmented Italian territory has struggled to unify. The Maritime republics finally concluded an economic agreement, making the first European trading power.

Genoa has established itself as the head of the republics by its influence, but also by its industry: thanks to a hydraulic dam process, it is the first city to have electricity. This new source of energy fascinates the whole europe, and Genoa built a gigantic light bulb in Ferrari Square.

No one knows if this union will hold, as discords are frequent. The official language is Italian, but each city retains its own dialect.
    Rome is an autonomous city-state: excluded from the alliance, it under the direct influence of the clergy.

WIP 1:

Name:	Russie.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	126857

RUSSIAN EMPIRE

At the turn of the century, the Russian Empire is the largest in the world.

Russia experienced a major evolution in the mid-nineteenth century, with the discovery of the exploitation of petroleum: No one had yet found the usefulness of this material before.

The combustion engine invention by Panarine and Levasov results in a flourishing industry:
    The state-owned company "Mexa" produces machines with thermal engines, moving on two articulated legs, for agricultural or military purposes.
    The military version seems to be the threat that regulates conflicts in Europe, as nobody wants to have to manage such machines on their territory.
    In the countryside, “agricol Mexas” have created strong inequalities within the peasant class, and the revolt against the Tsar is brewing in Saint Petersburg.

WIP 2:

Name:	Nederland.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	126858

KONINKRIJK DER NEDERLANDEN

In 1902, the British “crash of the crown” rocked Europe. The United Kingdoms of England split and The Celtic League united the Celtic nations.

Impacted economically and diplomatically by these events, Belgium saw itself split into two: the Walloons having asked to join the French Republic. Flanders was an autonomous state until its annexation by the Kingdoms of Holland in 1904. The annexation was carried out without violence and accepted by all European powers.
    The United Kingdom of the Netherlands is a prosperous nation. They retain a low productivity agriculture but largely compensated by an important trade.

Holland is protected by Le Deutches Reich and French Republic. Although not very militarized, it seems to be one of the best protected countries in Europe by a good diplomacy.

I want to apologise for the poor quality of pictures and poor translation of the text.

Hope you'll still enjoy it !

Hi! It's been a while since the last time I came here, I was all on this Europa map since then!

So now that I'm really close to finish it, I feel like it's time to get out my cave and say hello to the world again!

This project was really huge, and it finnaly took me more than 13 month to achieve! I'm really happy with the result, and very proud to kept the motivation all this time!

For now I upload the map as it was when I was done with drawing, but all the writing part and colors were still to add.

Name:	Europa 1920 BW WIP.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	8.24 MB 
ID:	131989

I'll upload more pictures of it and the final map before the end of the year.

Thank you for reading!

Antoine! This is insane. The amount of detail is mind blowing. And the steampunk style is so good! I want those mechanic acanthus leafs... I’ll be lurking here to see it finished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast