Thread: Critical Role Fan Battlemaps in Dungeondraft

Default Critical Role Fan Battlemaps in Dungeondraft

I occasionally recreate some of Matt's battlemaps in Dungeondraft (both handdrawn ones from early season 1 and the later Dwarvenforge ones), so that people playing in Exandria can visit the same locations as Vox Machine/the Mighty Nine without it being crazy expensive. I concentrate on unique, recognizable locations like named buildings, so I won't be recreating any generic wilderness maps that would look different a year later anyway. I'm aiming to keep the layout exactly the same, but add decorative details that feel appropriate (or were mentioned in play).

Here's the top of the Cerulean Palace in Ank'Harel, the Throneroom of J'Mon Sa Ord:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JMonsThroneroom72.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	126034
    Last edited by Olooriel; 11-09-2020 at 08:56 AM.

And while I was doing Thronerooms - I had to do the one of the Bright Queen, Leylas Kryn, in the Lucid Bastion of Rosohna.
    Disclaimer: While this one is accurate in the general placement of things, and accurate to Matt's description, it does not match the Dwarvenforge model down to every curve or half tile. I basically decided to treat it as if it were a real place that he recreated with the assets, and that I recreated with Dungeondraft (otherwise there would have been a lot of editing in Photoshop to get things to line up the way they're supposed to).

Name:	BrightQueensThroneroom72.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	126041
    Last edited by Olooriel; 11-09-2020 at 03:34 PM.

My recreation of Matt's campaign 1 drawing of the "Zenith" - the Pelor temple of Whitestone (except that mine is the renovated version after the Briarwoods were defeated).

Name:	Whitestone_TempleofPelor_Day72.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	126068 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whitestone_TempleofPelor_Night72.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	126069

The Stone Coffin, illegal fighting pit in Rexxentrum.

Name:	StoneCoffin72.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	126094

these have an abstract, ethereal quality to them. That they're maps is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by kopnicki View Post
    these have an abstract, ethereal quality to them. That they're maps is a bonus.
    Thanks!

Just realized that I haven't added the "Four Corners" tavern map yet. Probably because there are lots of fan-made versions of this one, but hey - this one's mine! And it's a pretty versatile map, you can never have enough taverns, and one with a fighting pit is a nice bonus!

Name:	4Corners_Day72.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	131789