Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yerindor (WIP)

This is coming very well , nothing to critic about, apart saying Very good job.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    This is coming very well , nothing to critic about, apart saying Very good job.
    Thank you Naima, I have learned a lot since I first started. Restarted the maps elements many times after gaining new knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Hi, which program are you using to craft those vectorial maps?
    I'm using GIMP2 for my maps but my results are less than satisfactory, as I my computer doesn't like images greater than 1024x1024 and I'm beginning to yearn the ability to zoom in and out without getting the image pixelated.

By the way, great work you have there.
    Last edited by 4maram; 12-28-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4maram View Post
    Hi, which program are you using to craft those vectorial maps?
    I'm using GIMP2 for my maps but my results are less than satisfactory, as I my computer doesn't like images greater than 1024x1024 and I'm beginning to yearn the ability to zoom in and out without getting the image pixelated.

By the way, great work you have there.
    I'm currently using photoshop by hand, and Wilbur when it is completed. Gimp is not bad, I've seen work that is better than mine come from Gimp. But even in photoshop, the higher the resolution, the more things get bogged down. It wasn't until I had just enough put aside to build a new CPU, focused on the processor and the memory/RAM. Gimp may be able to let you adjust how much RAM it uses, but I'm unsure. I'm lucky to have Photoshop, there would be no way to afford it; got it as a gift.
    Thank you, it's taken a long time, and I recently had to take a break from it. There's so much knowledge, and brainpower used, that it bogs me down.

Do you have a scale in mind for the topo boundaries? I've seen some where the lower elevation color breaks are smaller than the upper elevations while others are more uniform. Regardless, its very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bronx View Post
    Do you have a scale in mind for the topo boundaries? I've seen some where the lower elevation color breaks are smaller than the upper elevations while others are more uniform. Regardless, its very pretty.
    Not as of yet, been winging the topo boundaries without an elevation scale. The color breaks are probably due to intermittenly working on the map, and each time I seem to approach differently with my techniques. More jagged, smooth, shape characteristics of the topography. Thank you George Bronx.

I didn't mean breaks in your work, I meant the elevation distance between topo scale lines. I guess I wasn't very clear about that.
    Attachment 127582
    In this scale, the lower elevation colors represent a much smaller change in elevation than the higher elevation colors.
    0-100-200-500-1000-1500-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000+
    Sometimes it can be difficult to visualize a changing scale. I haven't done much with height maps yet though, so it could be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bronx View Post
    I didn't mean breaks in your work, I meant the elevation distance between topo scale lines. I guess I wasn't very clear about that.
    Attachment 127582
    In this scale, the lower elevation colors represent a much smaller change in elevation than the higher elevation colors.
    0-100-200-500-1000-1500-2000-3000-4000-5000-6000-7000-8000+
    Sometimes it can be difficult to visualize a changing scale. I haven't done much with height maps yet though, so it could be just me.
    I gathered that, guess I thought you were also meaning the inconsistency in the style.
    But yes, the lower elevations are less focused, or not as defined as the higher elevations. My goal is to place in Wilbur, or through other means erode, and define the lower elevations more.

Been busy with many things lately, but decided to get back to the map. Almost completely finished with the subcontinent's elevation/topography. Starting to branch a little bit along the northern coast of Vaaltmora. I decided to add a hotspot track, but may not keep it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-173328_Drive.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	128102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-173356_Drive.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	128103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-173411_Drive.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	128104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-173424_Drive.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	128105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-173433_Drive.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	128106

More detail added.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast