Thread: Fantasy Map, Existing Template, Full Color

Post Fantasy Map, Existing Template, Full Color

Project
    I have a fantasy map that I made in Hexographer years back that I was looking to upgrade for a more pleasing look in my personal D&D game. Artistic liberties may be applied where applicable if they would enhance the image (more rivers, lakes, roads, etc...) The map itself is a single continent with a small archipelago to the northeast. The general terrain is already mapped using the non-gridded tiles to denote hills, plains, desert, forest, forested mountains, etc... I would like the noted locations illustrated as well in similar fashion as the maps linked below. More details about these locations will be given upon acceptance of the work. Additionally, a few map monsters around the terrain and water would be a nice touch.

Style
    I am looking for a map in the following style - Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C.
    I would like the style to mirror the pronounced look of the terrain paired with the vivid full coloration.

Quality & Size
    With the attention to detail and quality I'm looking for, I guess that puts me as looking for a professional job? Not sure what category it puts me in.
    Looking for it to be similar to the original size (Around 6,200 x 5,800 pixels), and if it's in a printable format that'd be nice as well. Not sure the technical term for it.

Time Constraints
    No time constraint, but would like it in a month or two if possible.

Copyright
    I’d like reproduction rights.

Payment
    I am comfortable spending $600.

Contact Details
    You can reach me at: lordbastinator---at---gmail---dot---com (remove --- || swap "at" to @ || swap dot to .)

If I am missing any required details or if you have any questions please let me know either below in this thread or at the email address above. Thank you for considering my request.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastinator View Post
    ProjectWith the attention to detail and quality I'm looking for, I guess that puts me as looking for a professional job? Not sure what category it puts me in.
    Looking for it to be similar to the original size (Around 6,200 x 5,800 pixels), and if it's in a printable format that'd be nice as well. Not sure the technical term for it.
    At that size, "300 dpi" which stands for 'dots per inch' puts your map at around a print of 18x20 inches.

...Wait, EDMONTON? (zeroes straight in) oh never mind these aren't your maps, just the style you want. FYI, these are literally just Inkarnate stamp maps, it would be unreal to spend $600 for a map made in Inkarnate (such work should be in the $75-$300 range and comes with the note that Inkarnate retains the right to use the art forever as self promotion with no credit) but an excellent price for an original rendered full color map. So, if you mean to commercially reproduce your map, I would steer clear of this 'exact' style since it guarantees a bit of the rights are lost.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

This commission has been taken. I thank you all for your bids and appreciate your time for considering my request.