Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dingir Reach (WIP)

Default Dingir Reach (WIP)

This work-in-progress is for a RPG sci-fi setting I am working on called Skip. I'm creating a map of a region of space known as the Dingir Reach. In the game, the Players are aboard the UHC Exodus as it makes its way towards a new homeworld, the location of which was provided to humanity by alien beings known simply as the Ambassadors who alerted mankind to the imminent destruction of our solar system due to cataclysmic event linked to the Sun. The Ambassadors shared with the United Nations the scientific and technological knowledge necessary to achieve a post-scarcity Type II civilization as well as unlock FTL travel.

So far I have used a combination of Photoshop and Paint.net to work on the map and I'll post updates here as I go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skip v1 WIP.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	127077

Guild Novice

Default Great map

Wow this looks impressive. I look forward to seeing the final product. I am a HUGE Traveller fan! Cheers

Added in some HUD displays a transparent texture in the background and cuneiform labelling. In the RPG campaign, the alien Ambassadors have a direct link to the ancient Sumerian people of Mesopotamia. Their strange cuneiform script are found in scattered artifacts and ruins throughout space as the Players and their interstellar ark, the Exodus, travel towards their new home, a water world exoplanet called Hope some 65,000 LY away.

Name:	Skip v2 WIP2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	3.88 MB 
ID:	127088

Thanks very much! It's been a ton of fun working on it so far!

Looking good! Good use of the colours & nice sf elements.

Thanks very much Ilanthar! I'm hoping to work more on it later this week and will post any updates

WIP Update. Changed things up as the rpg setting design has evolved. This is the Salutis trinary star system. Surrounded by an asteroid belt, with the angle of the map plane tilted and a more 3d view of the planetary bodies. Once I'm satisfied with the map I'll review the extra elements to be added in.

Name:	Skip Map of the Seven v3.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.24 MB 
ID:	127594

Each version is great and could be used for different aspects. Your initial design and edit for a cover image, and the other more detailed mapping within. They each look wonderful in their own right, well done!

K2

Guild Apprentice Astrocartician's Avatar

Wonderful 3D star map. I have an interest in star maps that try to show all 3 dimensions. Combining that with good art is a challenge. You have done very well.
    Last edited by Astrocartician; 12-08-2021 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammar

The Salutis trinary map is gorgeous! It's useful for me to study possible solar system maps for a Sci fi setting, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast