So I wanted to play around with a quick temple design and found this example of an Anglo-Saxon church on Wiki.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	440px-Original_Brixworth_Plan.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	127227

It created the basic idea for the first attempt at a quick temple map for a campaign. I liked the layout with the entry, foyer, big area for people to stand around, the two exists near the front and so on. But I wasn't happy about the colors of the map so I decided to go back in and try a second swipe at it.

Name:	Anglo-Temple-01.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	127229

The second pass involved using a different set of tiles from the floor that caught my attention because it wasn't just another grey dungeon tile. I also added a big set of stairs that would get you up to the crossing, doors at both ends of the foyer to help people get in/out and added steps to make the altar area at the far end something more substantial.

Name:	anglo-green-01.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	127228

And what would a quick temple map be without numbering so people can slap it into their campaign on the fly.

Name:	anglo-green-02.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	127230

I'm still trying to work out how to use shadows for the walls to show their height as well as on the steps. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.
-GP