Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malazan: Lether & Kolanse

Default Malazan: Lether & Kolanse

Hi All,

I've finished my latest addition to my Malazan map series. It might be my last in this style. This time I've explored the continent with the Lether Empire and Kolanse.

Thanks,
    Josh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malazan-lether-kolanse-joshua-butler-v1b.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	127379

You can view my maps on my website.

Other Similar Maps:
    Seven Cities
    Quon Tali

I also have a map on Genabackis, but I haven't posted here.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I really like this greyscale style. It is very clean.

Well, I think you already know that I'm a big fan of this line of maps...they look good and they also depict my favorite fantasy-novel setting. So I really do hope that you'll do your color version as well And if you have maps you didn't show us yet, I hope you'll do so in the future.

This particular map has some nice little additions to it, i think. It's more diverse than the earlier ones with more elements...or at least that's my initial reaction (maybe I'm wrong and my memory is just faulty ^^). A very nice and clean map, and as i said, I hope we'll see the color version of it as well. If i can, I'll rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

The grayscale and overall clean layout really hit home for me. The gritty textures you used for plains/wastelands is really great, too.

IR

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Well, I think you already know that I'm a big fan of this line of maps...they look good and they also depict my favorite fantasy-novel setting. So I really do hope that you'll do your color version as well And if you have maps you didn't show us yet, I hope you'll do so in the future.

This particular map has some nice little additions to it, i think. It's more diverse than the earlier ones with more elements...or at least that's my initial reaction (maybe I'm wrong and my memory is just faulty ^^). A very nice and clean map, and as i said, I hope we'll see the color version of it as well. If i can, I'll rep. you.
    Thanks Eilathen, I want to start doing in color, I just need to find my style. maybe I will just do it in the style of my previous color maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    I really like this greyscale style. It is very clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    The grayscale and overall clean layout really hit home for me. The gritty textures you used for plains/wastelands is really great, too.

IR
    Thanks so much for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuabbutler View Post
    It might be my last in this style. This time I've explored the continent with the Lether Empire and Kolanse.
    Yeah? Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on next, if you think this might be the last one in this style?

I too have enjoyed the maps you've made in this series. Especially liking the little settlement icons you've used in this and previous maps.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post

IR
    I might have a color version coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Yeah? Just out of curiosity, what are you planning on next, if you think this might be the last one in this style?

I too have enjoyed the maps you've made in this series. Especially liking the little settlement icons you've used in this and previous maps.
    I'm not sure what I will do next. When I started making these maps, I was using the first cheap ipad that could use the apple pencil, so I made the artboard small, so it would crash less frequently. I'd like to do something poster size. I did start making a color version of this map, and it is looking decent. But, it would be nice if I could up-res it and redraw the lines to make this bigger.

I was thinking of a city, maybe. I don't know. Finding time now with covid makes things difficult.

Nice addition to the collection!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast