Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlys, Lands of the Lady - Part of the GuildWorld Mapping

Map Arlys, Lands of the Lady - Part of the GuildWorld Mapping

Hey hey Guild !

I promised to myself I would finish this map by the end of 2020 and here we are.

As many of you already know, this map is a part of the Community World Building Project.
    The shape of my little piece of land inspired me the Lady, and the specific character of my neighbors inspired me a mix of steampunk, norse, polynesian, mayan influences. The celestial chart depicts the deep love of Arlys people for their airships : you're not Arlysian if you don't look up to the sky at least once a day !
    The Lands of the Lady are wealthy, safe and comfortable for everyone, with beautiful cities taking part of a lucrative business. The country enjoys a magical resource, commonly known as 'gholney', which can be solid or liquid, can be ate or used as spice, can be used to cure illness or to power airships, can be woven or sculpted, used as paintings in architecture, is a perfect fertiliser for flowers and attract bees, keeps you warm in winter and cold in summer.
    I already mentioned in in the WIP thread, but there's something special about the labels on the map.
    There would be a lot to say about Arly, but if you have to know one thing about the Lands of the Lady, it's probably what can't be found in any world exists there

Usual things-to-know :
    - Roughly A3 300dpi,
    - Hand drawn in Photoshop 19/20/21 ('was a long project !) using a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16,
    - Personal work for the GuildWorld Mapping project.
    - WIP thread here.
    - Prints available here.

Hope you'll enjoy !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arlys_by_MistyBeee.jpg 
Views:	4099 
Size:	997.2 KB 
ID:	127419
    Last edited by MistyBeee; 01-18-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Unreal. Fabulous. Beyond words.

IR

Beautiful! One of your best, I'd say. I particularly like the art deco touches -- that cityscape is amazing!

I was looking for the bee... than I saw it, the bee constellation!
    I really fell in love with the maps with "story borders" with the first of your works that I saw half a year from now. Even if with a really poor results, now I have to do that type of borders almost always on my maps.

Anyways, that is map is gorgeous!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Fantastic map !
    I think the guild can be very proud you joined this project !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Absolutely amazing map! There is no single element I can pick out. This inspires me to finished my own segment.

You always manage to produce something incredible Beee, but this one is something else.
    The map is wonderful, there are so many little details and I love the colours. But that border! The constellations, the city, the statue, the airships, so much to love.

Does remind me I should really have a look back at my own Guildworld map...

Guild Member

Always makes me happy to see you've posted something new! Can't even say how much I love your work. The artistic ability on display here is just off the charts in my opinion! Not trying to blow smoke, it's just impossible for me to look at your art without a big smile on my face & a feeling of wonder! I love that!!!

I've already said how beautiful I think this one is. I'd say you've outdone yourself, but honestly you seem to do that with every map you put out these days. Amazing. Glad to see you wrap this one up!

And why yes, I do appreciate the darkness of the colours! I'm sure you are shocked. The constallations, as I said before, are a brilliant touch.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Outstanding! The map and the frame with its many elements are just wonderful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast