Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arlys, Lands of the Lady - Part of the GuildWorld Mapping

Yes! A wow! An incredible wow here. Let me stop for a while and be mesmerized. It is all so soothing to the eye.

Let’s make a list of the things I like.. wait, that would include everything.. But let’s name a few things. Flying ships, art deco, subtle shading, impossible architecture, glass domes, star formations.. and so on and so forth.

Thanks for this eye candy.

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

This is simply incredible. It strikes me as highly steampunk, which I am a huge fan of.

Back from my winter break to discover your terribly kind comments ! Thanks so much everyone !!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfor View Post
    Unreal. Fabulous. Beyond words.
    IR
    Thanks Adfor !! Hope you'll find your words back, it could be disabling on a forum ! o_o

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Beautiful! One of your best, I'd say. I particularly like the art deco touches -- that cityscape is amazing!
    Thanks Jshoer ! I always planned to make this one a huge one. My monster maps are usually for my clients but it was good to push one further for myself this time, even if it took several years ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by Simkin View Post
    I was looking for the bee... than I saw it, the bee constellation!
    I really fell in love with the maps with "story borders" with the first of your works that I saw half a year from now. Even if with a really poor results, now I have to do that type of borders almost always on my maps.

Anyways, that is map is gorgeous!
    Hehe, good catch, Simkin ! There's always a bee somewhere (spoiler : there's two here ^^).
    My borders are getting more complex with time. It wasn't something I planned, just the natural evolution of my style and taste. No doubt you'll get better too : practice makes perfect, and this is the only secret ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Fantastic map !
    I think the guild can be very proud you joined this project !
    I'm especially grateful I joined just in time to find some free lands on this amazing project !!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimel View Post
    Absolutely amazing map! There is no single element I can pick out. This inspires me to finished my own segment.
    Wonderful, Arimel ! I can't wait to see what you'll do !

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    You always manage to produce something incredible Beee, but this one is something else.
    The map is wonderful, there are so many little details and I love the colours. But that border! The constellations, the city, the statue, the airships, so much to love.

Does remind me I should really have a look back at my own Guildworld map...
    Thanks so much for the kind words, Ifrix !
    Hehe, there's time for everything : the turn of your lands will come sooner or later. No doubt !

Quote Originally Posted by SharpPointyStick View Post
    Always makes me happy to see you've posted something new! Can't even say how much I love your work. The artistic ability on display here is just off the charts in my opinion! Not trying to blow smoke, it's just impossible for me to look at your art without a big smile on my face & a feeling of wonder! I love that!!!
    Awww, thanks so, so much, Sharp' !! It's my biggest joy to see people love what I do !

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    I've already said how beautiful I think this one is. I'd say you've outdone yourself, but honestly you seem to do that with every map you put out these days. Amazing. Glad to see you wrap this one up!

And why yes, I do appreciate the darkness of the colours! I'm sure you are shocked. The constallations, as I said before, are a brilliant touch.
    Hehe, I'm doing my best to learn with every map, and make each one a bit better than the previous one... but I swear my next map will be modest in comparison !! I'm done with monsters for now, except if it's for clients, of course.
    And yep, I'm shocked. So badly !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Outstanding! The map and the frame with its many elements are just wonderful.
    Thanks Ilanthar !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension Door View Post
    Yes! A wow! An incredible wow here. Let me stop for a while and be mesmerized. It is all so soothing to the eye.

Let’s make a list of the things I like.. wait, that would include everything.. But let’s name a few things. Flying ships, art deco, subtle shading, impossible architecture, glass domes, star formations.. and so on and so forth.

Thanks for this eye candy.
    A wow !!
    My biggest thanks for your always kind and motivating words, Dim' ! I sent you some well deserved wows too earlier today ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mapmage View Post
    This is simply incredible. It strikes me as highly steampunk, which I am a huge fan of.

It's maybe my first or second Steampunk attempt : it's not an universe I'm very familiar with, even if it's a fascinating one. No doubt I'll explore it more in the future ! ^^

This is a magical map for sure. Not only beautiful and masterfully crafted but there definitely is some magic flavor to it. Don't get me wrong, all your maps are magic masterpieces but this one has a variety of depictions on it that really give a magic item vibe (those constellations are my favorites). Beau boulot voisine !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12