Thread: (WIP) Landa World Map

Wip (WIP) Landa World Map

Hi, I was playing a bit with the Azgaar map generator and this map caught my attention.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pitia 2020-12-30-10-25.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	127548

I decided on taking only the height map and making a world map.

Just so you know, each pixel is a square kilometre.

The world is called Landa because of the similarity between the eastern continent and the greek symbol.
    Last edited by 4maram; 12-30-2020 at 09:24 AM.

Those land forms are pretty interesting.

Some thoughts on the scale
    The image is 10432x5328. If each pixel is 1 km^2, you're looking at 55,581,696 km^2. That's roughly the area of Europe and Asia together, for the entire image. I'm not really sure where I was going with that thought, it was more of me thinking out loud. Pointing out that each pixel is 1 km^2 made it feel like it should be really big. It makes more sense for me to imagine it as a regional map as opposed to an entire planet that is 1/10 the size of earth. I know you didn't say either way what it was, I'm just overthinking a bit at 430am

also, Lambda? λ

Now I know something new. When the teachers wrote the letter on the blackboard, it sounded like /landa/ but it must have been lambda...

However I will stick with the Landa name.

About the size of the map, if I made it any bigger, GIMP2 wouldn't run on my computer, so I'm sticking with that size for now.

Also, as the map is flat, there should be distortion near the poles, and it would make sense to make orthodromic routes, but it requires less advanced technology and maths to maintain a loxodromic route.

Maybe I merge this map with my other map project (Awhayji) and a few more maps to make a full globe. Or Maybe not. I'll think about it.
    Last edited by 4maram; 12-31-2020 at 05:59 AM.