Thread: My first raster work!

Map My first raster work!

Hey guys!

I've been doing vector maps so far, and I've been longing to acquire some raster skills for quite some months. I've made a couple unsuccesful attempts throughout the self-teaching process, and finally I have achieved something. I'm not sure I should be proud of it, but I'm proud that I've gone so far so I'm excited to share it!

I know my biggest mistakes (layers and scale mostly, though I may have hidden the problems it caused), but I'd be interested to have any kind of feedback nonetheless!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bloop2.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	234.9 KB 
ID:	127562
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

It's a bit too small to really see the details, but it looks like you're headed the right way! I think the heavy line-width of the coastline could maybe be a bit more on the same level as the rest of the lineart, but that may just be a personal preference. Glad to see you branching out, hope you keep at it.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks Kelle! It's small because you would see the fudge ups if I zoomed in. But next time it should be a little more daring.

You can always combine the best of both worlds. Make the outline of the continent in vector, for example, and then do raster texture work for it. Make shapes in vector, then turn them into raster brushes. Or make hand-drawn shapes and turn them into vector brushes. The texture is nice.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I'll look into that, thank you!