View Poll Results: Vote for any and all of the maps you would like to win.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pyramid Circus - By Tiana

1 3.33%
  • Tavaroth Throne Room - By Bogie

3 10.00%
  • Verlaten Landen of Myrn - By Antoine.L

15 50.00%
  • The Avori Lowlands - By Adfor

8 26.67%
  • Arriwis & Lyndel - By -JO-

18 60.00%
  • The Kingdom of Valmadar - By Ilanthar

20 66.67%
  • The Town of Hérisson - By Dimension Door

19 63.33%
  • Somboya - By Levtrona

4 13.33%
  • Anansi's Rift - By Kilo11

2 6.67%
  • Ruskwood - By Ifrix

4 13.33%
  • Yet Unnamed Archipelago - By Kellerica

0 0%
  • Qarthidistim - By Wingshaw

1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***November/December Challenge Voting - Commission a Guild Member***

What everyone else said -- this challenge brought out a ton of creativity and some really excellent maps!

This is one of those times where I am super grateful the guild allows you to use as many votes as you want. I know it might not help the outcome to vote for just about every map, but dang are they all deserving!

My (ongoing) Novel set in Arabia in Antiquity

(Link directs to a different forum site, but one with identical formatting to this one)

I won't vote, I never vote, because it makes me feel bad and guilty, and I hate that, but I absolutely need to congrat you all for the amazing entries. Beautiful work, everyone !!

Voting's very close with only a few hours to go!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

So many excellent entries - I limited myself to 2 although I really wanted to vote for more.

Typically when I vote on these I like to provide my reasons and I'll try to do so now (I'm going to just use names of artists so I don't have to type so much):

-JO- : I love this map, it just looks like it's edible. The coasts are all cliffs and that's not all that common but all in all the entire thing just has a fabulous feel to it. I voted for this one.

Adfor : You gotta love it when someone goes full on traditional and pulls it off so well. This is so good. If I could change one thing it would be to chill out the roads because I don't care for those orange lines. I think they take away from the absolute beauty of the mountains and forests you painstakingly painted. Still, this also got my vote.

Antoine.L: This is another lovely map and I like the way it gives you the feeling of totally floating in air even down to the border elements. If I hadn't limited myself this would have been another of my votes.

Bogie: Once again Bogie puts out a map you can take into your game world and use as a battlemap. There ought to be an award for usefulness! The only thing I don't care for here is that hideous yellow/green marble flooring, if it was my manor I'd have had them change that out. Love all your details.

Dimension Door: This is incredible and I love the shadows on the street. Great work, very professional and this could totally be an illustration for a book. This would be another I would have voted for if I hadn't limited myself to just 2.

Ifrix : Love those fall trees. This makes me feel like a child again for some reason. It also reminds me of playing video games when I was a kid so good job on capturing that. I also like the impressionist feeling I get from those trees.

Ilanthar: This is another excellent entry and no wonder (now that I voted and see the positioning) you are doing so well. I like how you always have these nice border icons and informationals. Your borders are so good I almost feel like the map needs more pop or something but again, you have a fabulous entry well deserving of the votes. I almost voted for this myself.

Kellerica : I would go so far as to say you have the best land shapes of anyone in the contest. I struggle with this myself so I am being honest in saying I envy them. Great start, and I'll hope to see you finish it eventually.

Kilo11: This really looks like an epic journey being spilled out and I think you capture that better than any of the others did. A solid entry.

Levtrona : When you open this up it could be a piece of geometric wall art and is unlike anything else in the contest.

Tiana : This screams midnight circus to me. It's a bit over-blue for my eyes but I dig the spectral feel. Not sure if that was what you were going for, if so, you totally nailed it.

Wingshaw : I want to get those little boats. This looks like a good start to something special. Hope to see the end result if you continue with it.

I know voting isn't always fair and could change day by day based on what's been going on with the voters so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. One has to come up with some arbitrary way of determining which ones to vote for so there you have mine.
    I really think that most of these are excellent and are the reason the guild has the best and coolest maps coming in all the time.

Best regards and happy painting!
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-05-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added space
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Let me be the first to say congratulations to Ilanthar!

I tossed and turned on who to vote for, and ultimately missed my chance to weigh in, oh well.

All of the maps submitted were excellent, I quite enjoy a close race.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Adfor : You gotta love it when someone goes full on traditional and pulls it off so well. This is so good. If I could change one thing it would be to chill out the roads because I don't care for those orange lines. I think they take away from the absolute beauty of the mountains and forests you painstakingly painted. Still, this also got my vote.
    Made my entire day.

IR

Congrats to Ilanthar, well deserved win.
    Jo & Dimension Door, your maps are amazing as well. I was hoping for a three way tie!

Lots of great maps everyone, well done!

Congrat Ilanthar!

Thanks to everyone who voted and supported me during this challenge!

And well done for all the good stuff producted, and a big thanks to Arsheesh to organize this challenge.

Congrats, Ilanthar! Great win against some very tough competition.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks a lot, everyone !
    I must confess I was also really hoping for a 2 or 3 way tie...
    Such a good challenge with gorgeous maps!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast