Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec '20/ Jan '21 Lite Challenge: Frozen Outpost (battlemap)

Default Dec '20/ Jan '21 Lite Challenge: Frozen Outpost (battlemap)

Oh Wow!
    It has been so far since my last entry here.
    Actually, I'm still fighting to find my own road in life... However, In the last months, I've been dedicating to texture manipulation and more mixed arts.

So, as the theme of the challenge is very open, I'd love to give it a try and see If I can create something over what I'm learning ad hoc for the challenge.

I'll be creating a battle map, with a grid, of a frozen outpost. Mostly an iced field for your battles!

The technique I'll use will be a mixed style between digital painting and texture manipulation.
    All the resources for the texture will be based on pictures I have made in the time, walking around, with painted elements and blended effects. Working on photoshop with my pen display.

Ehhhhhh... Hope You will enjoy it.

This is the rough idea/layout:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	682.8 KB 
ID:	127615
    ### Latest WIP ###
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	127616
    ### Latest WIP ###

Stage 1 - Color base to envision the area.
    ⋄ ◊ ⤜--ℜ𝔢𝔫𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔭𝔵⟶ ◊ ⋄ Hey! Here is where to find me! ⟶ ◊ ⋄ ⥊ Instagram ⥋ ◊ ⥊ Patreon - Battle Maps ⥋ ⋄ ◊ Youtube - Speed Paintings

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	127617
    ### Latest WIP ###

Looking to establish a symmetry

Name:	20.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	5.03 MB 
ID:	127619
    ### Latest WIP ###

Time to work on details!
    But I'm really doing a blind run.

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

This is really cool! I never was one for battlemaps, so I enjoy seeing other people's attempts. Great work. I hope you find your own path.

Name:	32.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	5.17 MB 
ID:	127620
    ### Latest WIP ###

Trying to add obstacles!

Thank you so much for your words <3

Name:	37.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	9.30 MB 
ID:	127621

### Winner ###

Still thinking about the colors... They are so "bleached" now.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 02-04-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Welcome to the Challenge RenflowerGrapx! I really like the ice cliffs.
    I prefer the colors on Post #6 to the last one (although that is not bad, it is just losing the look of ice)

Thank you Bogie for your feedback! I find to agree with what you said as I think I've lost something in the last processes.
    I'm going to see If I can restore some colors without losing the contrast/balance!

Appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast