Thread: Town of Loudwater (city map)

Guild Novice Guild Sponsor

Map Town of Loudwater (city map)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loudwater (shaded) 4K.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	6.70 MB 
ID:	127721
    Once again, I keep neglecting to share my maps here. This is one from last month.

Town of Loudwater, elevated map.

Loudwater is a town devided by two very different cultures. Not sure this would happen in real life but it's fun to imagine. This was a submission from Devon G on my patreon. I have previously made 7 other maps in his world, so I feel I'm really getting to know it. This is the little story blurb I included with it when I released it:

"Passing hangman's square, we left the Western end of town and entered the Roman part of town ... which was at the, er, western end of town! The two factions here did not get on, so much so that they didn't even share architectural knowledge. So we promptly left. Farewell to Loudwater, you can keep your 6-shooters, your pila and you faultly campasses..."

Hope you enjoy the map (it's free for personal use). Here are my methods:

Hand drawn and inked on mixed media paper
    Pens: Copic Multiliners 0.03 to 0.35
    Shading added in photoshop

Isometric maps are always a real treat to see and especially one as detailed and interesting as this, great work.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

The map looks fantastic! I love how well the two different cultures blended together.

Great work

Somewhere dark and rather dangerous...and also inhabited by these confounded mosquitoes.

Very provocative paradox

Thanks ❤. I'm pushing myself this month - going to make 3 maps of this sort of style (what I like to call elevated cities)

Ooooh, very interesting style, and great result ! I'll be happy to see more of this, Jog !

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBeee View Post
    Ooooh, very interesting style, and great result ! I'll be happy to see more of this, Jog !
    Thank you MistyBeee. I'd love to do just a western town at some stage. That was fun

Very nice map! It has a lot of character.