Thread: January 2021 Challenge: Dragon Borne Isles

Wip January 2021 Challenge: Dragon Borne Isles

It just so happens that one of the settings that has been percolating in the back of my mind is a dragon themed setting. This sounds like a good excuse to work on the map for that setting, and maybe even finish it. Although not specifically an oriental type of setting, the dragons are of both an oriental and western nature. As part of the percolating process, I took some time to rework the typical chromatic and metallic dragons from 2nd edition ADnD as well as the oriental dragons to give them longer lives and make them less predictable based on color. It always bothered me when there was an encounter with a dragon and you knew right off the bat whether or not it was a good or bad dragon simply because of its color. But I digress.

Got the basic shape of the islands at this point, now I just gotta fill them with some stuff. Happy with the shape since it kinda looks like an oriental style dragon, and even have a few location names in mind.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GW Jan Challenge WIP 001.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	498.0 KB 
ID:	127735
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

So, something went wonky in my original build for this and the file kept crashing when I tried to work on it. Thus, a slight reboot. Making progress just not quite as fast as I would like.

Adapted about 50 of the mountains from KM Alexander's Widman set to use for this map and am fairly happy with them. Not sure if I am as happy with the forest though. My feeling is that it may be a bit too crowded, but only have a small sample area. Will have to look again when I have a larger sample.

Its gonna be a bit iffy as to whether or not I get this as done as I would like, but I think I will be okay as far as the base map goes. Should manage at least some labeling, but don't think I am going to have enough time to get the fancy stuff in.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	GW Jan Challenge WIP 002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	127783
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's huge ! I love those mountains so far and I'm really looking forward to see what's next !

Thanks JO. Sadly I think I am soooo not gonna get this done by the end of the challenge. Got so far to go and am so indecisive about where things should be. Gonna keep plugging away at it though and hope for at least a small miracle.

Anyways an update of sorts.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	GW Jan Challenge WIP 003.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	127836
    GW

Loads of potential here. Look forward to seeing this fleshed out somewhere down the line.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh