Thread: Looking for City Map artists

Post Looking for City Map artists

Hello Artists of other worlds,

I'm looking for those willing to take on a city map. Narnia, Middle East, The world of the Process bride, Neverland, all have maps that add a new layer to their stories. I'm looking to create a podcast of stories that intrigue and terrify listeners, and I'd like to partner with an artist to create this world for listeners/people who are gifted in this way. Granted a city is not a world, but it's a world unto itself...work with me here, I'm excitable.

- I'm looking to have a modern layout of a city in Connecticut

- The concept is simple, but I'd like the roads to be complex, maze like with a rather unnerving feeling of easily getting lost.

- Up north in the states there is a certain love for the sea, I'd like us to replace the ocean, with a forest so dense that this place becomes an enigma.

- Layout of certain markers I'd like to go through with you, but placement and ideas are welcome to creative eye.

- Black and white commission (Black map, white lines: love artists who hand draw, but understand that this caveat may prevent such artists, apologies.)

- Handwritten/personalized font crafter would be appreciated.

- Compass artists are going to be something I'd like specialized, simply because a compass to a map, is breath of relief in anxiety. (I completely understand that the may be misguided or silly, but it's something I'd like my partner to take interest in).

Please email me with name, info, and if possible some sort of ref/portfolio to cross ref.

Thank You! I look forward to the conversation to come

Hi. It would help if you shared your email, and also, if you post in the main mapmaking requests area instead of the archive. I fear your desire for white lines on black will indeed make it very unlikely to have actual art on paper but a hand drawn effect and hand lettering can be done digitally. I've done this some times and so have some other artists. The other option is to have the traditional art 'inverted' afterwards, I'm not sure how you'll love the look compared to ink though. Hope you find the right artist!

Some of mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CITY OF ABBADON small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	127796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theperilim-1240x992 small watermarked.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	127797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thayria-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	127798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shamaramapsmallwatermark.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	455.1 KB 
ID:	127799

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I've moved the thread to the main mapmaking requests folder.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks, Chickpea!

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hi there WPB,

I'm a Scottish map-maker with several years' experience in hand-drawn maps, which I'd be able to deliver in white on black. My portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/, and I can be reached at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Hello,

My name is Valerie and I'm a watercolor mapmaker. I have several examples of gothic or mystery style city maps in black and white, with white roads on black as you want. Please take a look at my full portfolio on Instagram and let me know if you like my style.

If you are interested, you can DM me here or on Instagram, or send me an email valeriyazhukova ( at ) hotmail ( dot ) com. I would love to send you an email if you share one.

Have a lovely day.