Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 2021 challenge: Planet Draconis

Wip January 2021 challenge: Planet Draconis

So... in honor of dragons... I will partecipate to the challenge.

"Planet Draconis stars is being devoured by a medium black hole. His last civilization is incapable to escape to the destruccion, so the Confederation of Traveller decided to intervene and save them, starting a rescue mission named Dragon Fly. With a fleet of 20 migration spaceships, they started to bring people to the S710 solar system."

That's the sketch
    ### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210114_000204.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	127765

I hope to be capable of doing a decent map... I mean, this is the challenge of the real cartographers and I don't belong to this category.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

An unexpected place to find dragons ! I love the idea !

Will echo Jo, a cool and slightly different take on the idea. As for "real" cartographers.... You draw maps, that makes you a real cartographer in my book. Maybe not a professional cartographer, but real none the less.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

The black sky wait for me to paint it.... I'm going to take a break, this task is scaring me.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	20210118_223053.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.03 MB 
ID:	127835

See u

If you do it traditionally, good luck... I recommend just doing the blackening digitally to save yourself pain if you mess up...

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    If you do it traditionally, good luck... I recommend just doing the blackening digitally to save yourself pain if you mess up...
    This is a great idea... but I cannot scan my map this week... so I will try manually and if the result will be ... awfull, I could always do the digital works next week.

Wip

I'm at that point....
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	20210120_005316.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	6.21 MB 
ID:	127853

Now I have to define how I will do the minimap of the galaxy.... I have a couple of ideas, but I will need to do some test to make the choice.

Cool concept and map! I really like how you've positioned, framed and colored everything, it looks very nice

Thank you Chashio, I'm happy of the general result, but don't look to close... pls

Btw, I will post the final version because I cannot go to scan for the pandemic (my city is now in lockdown for a month so...). I took a photo and from thi I worked a little with gimp. (clean the border, saturation and contrast mainly).

I used ink, colored inks and watercolors pencils on a 300gr Canson paper.

Now the story:

Planet Draconis stars is being devoured by a medium black hole. His last civilization is incapable to escape to the destruccion, so the Confederation of Traveller (CONofT) decided to intervene and save them, starting a rescue mission named Dragon wings. With a fleet of 20 migration spaceships, they started to bring people to the S710 solar system.
    The CONofT started the operation not only for mercy, but mainly because they need soldiers for their imminent war against the Intergalaxy Guild of Trade (IGoT). Basically, this sector was first under the influence of IGoT that used it for some hazardouses exerimentations (as "secondary effect" of that experiments the Black Hole formed!). The M1 galaxy (that is not the object in the Messier catalogue) is a globular galaxy, with a lot of gas and a high rate of star formation. The S449 system is now free of this gas because the once tiny black hole devoured it and thanks to that now is big enought to be a stars eater.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	planetdraconis.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	7.71 MB 
ID:	127907

Hope you enjoy it!
    Last edited by Simkin; 01-22-2021 at 01:03 PM.

What country are you from, Simkin?

Nice, result is very sharp even if a photo.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast