Thread: Mendoza City (commission)

Default Mendoza City (commission)

Here is a commission i did for Pickpocket Press
    A city map for upcoming Lowlife 2090 - a tabletop RPG of Cyberpunk & Sorcery, set in a dystopian 2090.

This was something new to me. Planning all that buildings took some time, but I have enjoyed seeing a district by district shaping up entire city.
    Definitely a project that took me away from my comfort zone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mendoza_City_CG.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	127792
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's true it's not your usual map, but we can still see your very own style : the palette, the hills, the sea...
    The whole city plan is fascinating, and I would very much like to know more about the buildings and the way they look (for instance, the darker buildings seems to be walls of some sort ? And the triangle building seems to be a fortress ? )

Nice job anyway !

Thanks JO.

Yes, dark coloured objects are high walls, or just walls. I wanted to add something to distinguish districts in the city on top of the colours (there is another map where districts have different colours).
    I also wanted to add something to the bridges, just road was too simple looking.

There are few featured buildings that are not highlighted here. Like production plant and space launch facility on the right.
    There is a race track and a big arena for all sorts of sports near the centre on the left.
    The middle one are actually 3 "mage towers" that forms a triangle.
    There are actually 3 small piramid shaped buildings in the north and the hospital shaped as letter H. Also a circular temple in the top right corner

There are all sorts of districts, from docks and slums to business centre and luxury complexes. A lot is happening there
    It is very packed city, where people are building vertically. Only few parks to the south and east.
    Last edited by Voolf; 01-20-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee