Thread: RP Group needing some vector work done

Default RP Group needing some vector work done

Subject: My RP group has a world map we're trying to convert to vector tile format, with layers for various data - namely national borders, names, topography, and climates. We should have tiles or layers ready, we're just unsure how to put them together. As far as I've been made aware, we have the ability to edit the final result in-group but not the know-how to put it together in the first place. If the vector tiles cause issues or aren't useable, we can also provide the raster maps used. Forgive me if my terminology's off - if it is, I can get clarification or put you in direct touch with the person who actually possesses the files and understands vectors better than I do.

If I'm not making sense, the offered pay range is poor, or this isn't within the usual scope of the forum, just let me know! I can be contacted via this thread or by e-mail.
    Email: taem2497-1@hotmail.com

Paid: I'd say we're looking to pay less than 100 USD, as the group as a whole expects the work to be fairly quick, but we're willing to take quotes or negotiate. We have a war chest built up for the project already, and I'll be the first to admit I'm not certain exactly what the work entails or how much effort is needed, so I'm ballparking our means here. PayPal would be highly preferred (and you can up it a bit to cover the fee) but we're willing to discuss other payment routes if necessary.

The map is of an alternate-reality world with four major continents divided into a variety of countries and dependencies. The commission is to either clean up and combine the existing vector tiles to display correctly or to convert the raster maps we provide into a vector tile map.

Map Sample: https://ixwiki.com/images/d/d9/Map_of_Ixnay.png

Quality & Size: Semi-professional or professional for web use, vector format. Map is 9100x4200 pixels.

Time Constraints: Ideally within the next 1-3 months.; realistically, no rush - we're comfortable hashing out details for a while, waiting a bit, or getting it done fast, just so long as we know where the project stands.

Copyright: The map is collective property of the group and is not monetized, nor will the new version be. Rights to the map will remain with our group. The artist is welcome to use the map as part of a portfolio but may not monetize it or claim creative ownership.
    Last edited by Kistan; 01-22-2021 at 12:18 AM.